Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    When does the new issue generally arrive on the SI application each week? Thursday? Friday? Thanks.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    can't say for SI specifically but Time shows up at the end of the week
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    New issues are on Mondays
    War Eagle!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Do you need an actIve internet connection to read it. I wanna subscribe but have not wireless access at work, so I was hoping it would download for offline reading.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Other than downloading the issues, you do not need an internet connection. Reading can be done offline.
    War Eagle!
  6.    #6  
    Anyone else with the SI app getting "No Internet Connection"? My TP clearly has internet connection as I am getting emails and can go to web sites, but for some reason the SI app says I don't have a connection.

That sucks that the new issues don't arrive until Mondays. I am still getting my mail issue (or at least I hope the app didn't cancel the mail version), but would love to have the online app early....what up with that?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to go back to the issue library if you're in the middle of reading an issue? I can't figure out how for the life of me and it's driving me nuts!!!

Also, I hope that they don't discontinue the TouchPad edition given recent events -- it's essentially the same as the iPad edition in terms of formatting so I'm hoping the keep pumping them out. I prefer reading on the TouchPad than the physical magazine.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Anyone know how to go back to the issue library if you're in the middle of reading an issue? I can't figure out how for the life of me and it's driving me nuts!!!

Also, I hope that they don't discontinue the TouchPad edition given recent events -- it's essentially the same as the iPad edition in terms of formatting so I'm hoping the keep pumping them out. I prefer reading on the TouchPad than the physical magazine.
    Just tap near the bottom of the screen and it comes up, doesn't it? Maybe I'm not clear what you're asking, but let me know if that works. A menu will appear if you tap near the bottom and "Library" is one of the options.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Just tap near the bottom of the screen and it comes up, doesn't it? Maybe I'm not clear what you're asking, but let me know if that works. A menu will appear if you tap near the bottom and "Library" is one of the options.
    That was it -- bottom of the screen was the only place I hadn't tried tapping. I was focused on the top of the screen since that's where the help menu is when you first open an issue. Thanks for restoring my sanity.
  10.    #10  
    Just an FYI.....the latest SI issue showed up on the SI Application last night (Thursday). So, that is reasonable as my paper issue usually doesn't arrive until Friday's. Seems like magazines should show up a bit early, which it did.

Anyone having issues logging into the SI application to access new issues. When I attempt to login..it appears like it is trying to connect then it displays in red the word "placeholder". Very strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinproffitt View Post
    Anyone having issues logging into the SI application to access new issues. When I attempt to login..it appears like it is trying to connect then it displays in red the word "placeholder". Very strange.
    I tried downloading the Oct 17 issue, it says "initiating" for about a second, then says "paused."
    This is the first time I've had a problem downloading an issue. I tried an older one and it worked fine.
    Problem must be on SI's end.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I tried downloading the Oct 17 issue, it says "initiating" for about a second, then says "paused."
    This is the first time I've had a problem downloading an issue. I tried an older one and it worked fine.
    Not sure why it would happen with a new issue, but that's what happens to me when I try installing an issue that I'm not supposed to have access to. (Because I wasn't a subscriber yet).

For some reason, it displays all of the issues on the Touchpad, but only lets you download the ones you're supposed to.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I confirm the same problem. October 17 issue is paused and not downloading. Has anyone successfully download this issue? I guess I have to read the paper version until they fix it.
    Still getting the same problem, it won't stop pausing.
    I was able to download the new issue of Time last night so it seems it's not the TP.
    I'm still having problems downloading the Oct 17th issue. It starts out with "Initiating" and then goes to "Paused" and stays there forever.

Are the rest of you still have problems accessing the 10/17 issue? I got the paper copy of the 10/17 issue a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I'm still having problems downloading the Oct 17th issue. It starts out with "Initiating" and then goes to "Paused" and stays there forever.

Are the rest of you still have problems accessing the 10/17 issue? I got the paper copy of the 10/17 issue a few days ago.
    Still doesn't work for me either.
    Okay, now when I start up the SI App, it stays forever on the "Starting, please wait..." (black background) screen and doesn't show the issues.

Do you guys also see this?
    No, but the app is broken in 3.0.4 in that you can't actually get issues anymore.
    Dang. I have 3.0.2 and many things started going haywire today.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast