Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 89
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    I think this has more to do with IOS 5 being released. If I remember correctly, the Oct 17 edition came out the same day as the OS. Maybe Time changed something on the back end to work on Apple that broke on Webos? I asked the customer service guy when I called that weekend, and he didn't believe me ...
  2. ThePhat1's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by plaube View Post
    I think this has more to do with IOS 5 being released. If I remember correctly, the Oct 17 edition came out the same day as the OS. Maybe Time changed something on the back end to work on Apple that broke on Webos? I asked the customer service guy when I called that weekend, and he didn't believe me ...
    Just pure conjecture, but I don't think it's necessarily IOS5 that's the culprit here *gazes sadly at new iPhone 4S and Frankenpre2 that is still carried around on wifi*, but rather the iPad version of SI/Time, et all. When the TouchPad came out, they were making a version of the magazines that was specifically for the TouchPad and iPad even though the formatting was nearly identical. My guess is that they (understandably) stopped making a TP-specific version, and are just pushing the iPad version to us and the TP apps are incapable of downloading/recognizing that iPad version. Hopefully it'll be a simple app upgrade to fix. I certainly hope so, as Time just sent me a coupon for a $15 subscription for a year, which I would strongly consider if I can read it on my TP.
  3. #43  
    app just had an update. I was able to download and install the 10/24 issue.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    app just had an update. I was able to download and install the 10/24 issue.
    I was able to as well. Woohoo!
    Our long national nightmare is over :-)
  5. #45  
    Looks like the October 17th issue is still broken though.
  6. mrbears's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Looks like the October 17th issue is still broken though.
    Yes, I was able to download 10/24 issue, but not 10/17 issue. Anyone else able to download 10/17 issue?
  7. #47  
    Even before the SI update, I was able to download the 10/24 issue, so it wasn't the update that fixed it.

    I was never able to download the 10/17 issue even with the update.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Even before the SI update, I was able to download the 10/24 issue, so it wasn't the update that fixed it.
    Yes, it was. The update fixed the 3.0.4 issue. Everyone who was on 3.0.4 couldn't download anything at all, and now everything but the 10/17 issue is fixed. Whatever issues you're having are different from every other person on this thread, and unfortunately I'm not sure what you can do to fix them.
  9. #49  
    I've been reading the 10/24 issue for a few days now. I only installed the SI update minutes ago....

    I wasn't have *any* issues exc for the 10/17 issue non-download.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I've been reading the 10/24 issue for a few days now. I only installed the SI update minutes ago....

    I wasn't have *any* issues exc for the 10/17 issue non-download.
    And again, you're not on 3.0.4. I don't know how much more clear I can be.
  11. #51  
    Nope, I'm on 3.0.4. This tablet has been on 3.0.4 since the day I took it out of the box.
  12. #52  
    Updated, able to download 10-24, still unable (before the webOS update) to download 10-17 and now 10-31.
    Better than nothing I guess.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Nope, I'm on 3.0.4. This tablet has been on 3.0.4 since the day I took it out of the box.
    Ah, not that it actually matters, but I was going by your
    Dang. I have 3.0.2
    ... Still have no idea what's not working for yours then.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Still have no idea what's not working for yours then.
    Oh....sooooorrrrrryyyyy....I have a 2nd Tablet. This tablet that I'm referring to is stock 3.0.4 - no Preware (and I think I'll keep it that way) and it dual boots Android CM7. My 1st tablet is 3.0.2 and I might keep it there for a while longer....

    BTW, SI issues on webOS looks MUCH MUCH better than on Android. The SI issues on Android just don't look 'right' - they're squished, even the pictures. Kinda like watching a 16:9 program in 4:3 format. So, yay webOS.
  15. rsen's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #55  
    10.31 doesn't seem to be working. Lame.
  16. #56  
    i cant seem to download 10-31 and 10-17 and im on 3.0.4
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  17. #57  
    Thanks for giving me blue eyes SI. Get me all excited about downloading the 10/24 issue only to not give me anything else.
  18. #58  
    Nice to know it's all of us that can't read the 10-17 and 10-31 issues. Hopefully SI can fix this next.
  19. #59  
    I guess we may know more on the 31st. When I log into my SI account it shows: The current issue of Sports Illustrated is October 31, 2011

    So maybe even though we see it on our TP it has not been activated yet for download. As far as the 17th issue, they may have some other issues with it.
  20. rsen's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #60  
    Issues are usually available for download on Thursdays. I was able to download the 10.31 issue on my android app.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions