Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Its much faster getting the samples of the books from amazon.com, refreshing your kindle app so they show up, then substituting your mobi files for the corresponding sample files.
    Or you all could just download pReader and load your entire eBook collection onto the Touchpad with Calibre
    I tried this method and can see the entire book is there, but it still shows the location # of the sample book.

Re: Preader, I can't seem to figure out how to switch Preader to 2 page landscape mode.
    Store aside, which is the best reader?
    Is Preader a better compromise?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I didn't care for the rendering on pReader, it's still setup for the screen on a Pre whereas the page views on the Kindle App are gorgeous. For now I'm hacking my books in with hopes of either a sideloading Kindle or a pReader HD update.
    pReader is pretty horrible compared to the Kindle App on the Touchpad. This method works.

Only major problem for me is that the app still treats the book as a sample and so the scroll bar on the bottom does not work. Scrolling to 100% seems to scroll only to the last page of the demo sized file before the copy/paste. I have to individually tap the page afterwards to go to further pages, exceeding 100% on the scroll bar.

If someone figures out how to fix that, this would be perfect.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ******1337 View Post
    pReader is pretty horrible compared to the Kindle App on the Touchpad. This method works.

Only major problem for me is that the app still treats the book as a sample and so the scroll bar on the bottom does not work. Scrolling to 100% seems to scroll only to the last page of the demo sized file before the copy/paste. I have to individually tap the page afterwards to go to further pages, exceeding 100% on the scroll bar.

If someone figures out how to fix that, this would be perfect.
    Anyone figure out the paging issue. I've opened the .json files, but can't see anything that looks like a page number.
    yea fix for the page numbers would be sensational!
    I have just finished reading though this thread but looking under Preware, last week I see the addition of 'Kindle Import"

Does that mean that this thread is now out of date and i should be following later information?

Am on a mac and have hundreds of top sellers in mobi format i want to get onto the Kindle on the HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yes, the Kindle Import tool is fantastic. that team did a great job, it's the next best solution other than Amazon updating the app itself
    Has anyone managed to fix the importing method so it shows the correct page count?
    Quote Originally Posted by sikfrk View Post
    Has anyone managed to fix the importing method so it shows the correct page count?
    Use the kindleside batch file. It will analyze the mobi files and calculate page numbers. It isn't 100% accurate as your choice in font size/font can change the pagination, but it's a lot better than having everything at the default page count.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12