1.    #1  
    has anyone seen this?

I am only having this issue with the facebook app, it just shows a circle or dot (no logo).

I click it and it opens facebook... So weird...

Also, I can't uninstall it (in software manager) it doesn't even show up.

-RR
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If you do a long tap on the facebook app icon you should see a delete icon.

Also, did you try rebooting?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    If you do a long tap on the facebook app icon you should see a delete icon.

Also, did you try rebooting?
    i appreciate the reply.

The funny thing... when i long press... it goes into that mode but there is no X to delete....

Also, if i reinstall the app from app catolog, it showsit installed and lets me launch, but issue still persists.

Yes, I've restarted, erased all data but still no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    Hi!
    Did you figure out the reason for the blue circle on the app icon?

I am experience the same problam. App won't run and doesn't allow me to delete it.
    In fact, even the HP App Catalog icon has a blue circle on the upper right hadn corner.
    Several reboots and still no cure...
    The software is being updated. Normally this happens when you get a new device and sign into an existing profile. The list of apps that were obtained via the app catalog are retrieved from the profile and each one is then downloaded from the app catalog. The dot means that the download/installation process hasn't started for that app. If you observe the machine updating, the dot will transform from an arc into a circle. When the circle is complete, the software has been downloaded and the install process begins.