Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By TravisAntonio
  1.    #1  
    A simple app that lets you view your wallpaper from a card. Card appears 'invisible' when minimized, and displays your wallpaper full screen when maximized. Works in both portrait and landscape modes. For HP TouchPad only.

NEW IN 1.9.1: - Auto Refresh on rotate, when maximized or minimized
    - Auto detects wallpaper changes
    - Works with any wallpaper, any size, any resolution

Screenshot slideshow:
    Photo Album - Imgur

Link to PreCentral article:
    Quick App: clearview | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

New icon:

NOTE: v1.0.9 has been tested and confirmed working with any wallpaper, any resolution

Now available for $.99
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

sledge007 and brum like this.
    Does this put the wallpaper over the top bar as well? I'd really like that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Does this put the wallpaper over the top bar as well? I'd really like that.
    I can do that in an update, definitely.

It will be a "tap on screen" type deal, to maximize over and back. This way users have a choice. Sometimes you want to see the top bar as well.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Amazing work! , I will put it on my Touchpad when I get it!.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    downloaded the app but how do I use it.
    Exhibition mode?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    downloaded the app but how do I use it.
    It's just a window so when you have multiple cards open, you can move it wherever you like, and when you put your cards into a minimized view, you can see your wallpaper.

Some people like to swipe all their cards away (for a neat and tidy screen), others like to leave them open for quicker access. This provides a way to combine both options.
  8.    #8  
    There's an update that being pushed which adds full screen support. Tap when card is maximized and you can go back and forth from full screen to notification bar.

Kewl app. Any possibility of it being scalable, so that it can work with a change in size of cards? Please refer to -> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ke+cards+small
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Kewl app. Any possibility of it being scalable, so that it can work with a change in size of cards? Please refer to -> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ke+cards+small
    I'll take a look at it. May be possible, may be too much. No promises.

Man I was hoping this was Clearview flight sim. Not really. Nice job.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have some questions about this app.

How do you make the invisible card back to visible? Something like close Clearview app from notification bar?

Does this app work when patch "bigger active screen when minimized" is installed?

Thanks.
    What's the difference between this app and something like Multipane or Panefree?
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
    What's the difference between this app and something like Multipane or Panefree?
    For the main use of "invisibly" seeing the background, they're all similar. clearview works only on the TouchPad, while Pane Free will only work properly on the older phone devices. Multi Pane has and will continue to be updated for all official webOS devices (phones and tablets). Multi Pane also adds numerous other options like opening up multiple cards, the option to show time, day, and/or date, and the option to use it in Exhibition Mode as well. There are also (as of today and clearview 1.9.7) a couple of situations that clearview still doesn't handle seamlessly. clearview does also offer a full screen view when the app is maximized that neither Pane Free nor Multi Pane offers.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just bought this and already love it, but have a question. I'm running a wallpaper that's not a full size image. The TP displays it as such though which is great, but CV doesn't. It will initially show the pic full screen but then quickly downsizes it and has gray filler on either side. Is there any way to get CV to stretch it like TP does?

Update: I tried resizing it, thinking it was too big for CV to handle (it was 1353x1667), resized to something like 500x630. That actually made it worse, as now the TP won't stretch it and CV sees it as yet a smaller pic.
    Last edited by explor202; 09/04/2012 at 07:56 PM.