Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all!

I wrote a Reddit browser in Enyo for webOS 3 called Red It. The app launched on the App Catalog yesterday. If you are browsing on your TouchPad hit this link to bring it up in the app catalog:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...om.adrew.redit

I think it is a good app and does the job well. It is an initial release and is missing some features and has some rough edges but I will continue developing it over time. I'll be refining it and adding new features.

Right now it supports:
    - Logging in to Reddit and will ave your credentials locally
    - Voting
    - Commenting
    - Voting and commenting on comments
    - Snazzy format when viewing self text posts
    - Two pane view for easy browsing and reading
    - Easy subreddit navigation
    - Share stuff you find on Reddit via the email or messaging apps

What it doesn't (yet) support:
    - Can't fetch more stories than what Reddit sends you by default. This is a complete pain to implement due to the way the Reddit API works. I'll be adding this but in the mean-time increase the amount of stories Reddit sends you per-page in your Reddit preferences. That's how many it'll send to the app too
    - Links and markup in comments and self posts aren't formatted or click-able
    - There's no subreddit list or subreddit favorites. You have to remember your favorite subreddits
    - You can't submit multi-line comments - it will all be squished down to one line

I'll be adding all of the above and more over time but it is great as it is. I use it every day and love it. I hope some of you give it a shot and like it too.

Bonus: Red It is free software in both senses of the word. It doesn't cost anything and it is licensed under the GPLv3.

You can find out more about the app and its features at:
    Red It

And check out the code at:
    https://github.com/zylogz80/Red-It

Thanks and enjoy!
    Snooty, Dis, dannzeman and 1 others like this.
    Will try this out when I receive my TouchPad later today!
    Nice. I'll give this a try later tonight. I've been using the Excavate Reddit program for the past month, but as a reddit lover... I will definitely try this out.
    great app just need a way to access the sub-reddits but a great start I love how it keeps me in the app when there's videos or external links to other website
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm definitely going to be checking it out. Keep up the great work!
    I've been using Excavate for Reddit as well, but it isn't quite fully featured although it does have some redeeming qualities.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot tonight after work.
    This app is %100 perfect!!
    I was def. surprised when I ran across this, definitely will rival Alien Blue HD on the iPad if you keep up the good work!
    thanks a lot. its a great app.

quick question out of curiosity: When we do log in how come we don't get access to our subreddits favorites. You mentioned that in your post as well. Will this be coming or is it a restriction from reddit itself?

Thanks again
    Hi-before I put it into dev. mode where did you find it? I can't find it in the touchpad's hp app catalog. Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I barely know what reddit is but ill give this a shot.
    Hey Adam. Thanks for all your hard work... I know you expected to make money off this bad boy, but after everything went down it was really cool of you to release it for free. Do you have plans for any other apps?
    I swear I am not a ******. I search or search in the hp catalog. How is it listed or what section?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    this is awesome thank you! Any plans on adding a "Save" button next to the up/down votes and Share buttons?
    Please?

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    Please?
    You go on your touchpad, with the app store open in another card, click on the link from this thread where it says "from your touchpad click this link" and it will auto link you to the app store.
    I give you a HEARTY thanks for getting this out. Honestly I'd pay probably $20 for something like the RES on the TouchPad, where images opened in new tabs and could be flush with the tabs for Reddit/the linked site . . . but then again, I'm mildly addicted to Reddit. RES is the crack to my cocaine. Your app, sir, makes a wonderful gateway drug.
    So is this sarcasm? Thanks anyway? Just having a difficult time.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Downloaded but it seemed cluttered compared to Excavate and I deleted it. Anything I missed feature-wise that I should make me give it another shot?
    Wow, awesome, was hoping someone would release a reddit app for the touchpad, and this one looks great, as nice if not better than its android equivalents I have used
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast