Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I watched Hulu on my TP Monday and Tuesday and today I am getting a message it won't work on my platform. Why?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I believe Hulu has dropped the Touchpad as a platform; I think there was some discussion in another thread a while back that they were going to do this, so I don't think it's unexpected.
    They block all tablet and phone browsers. When it was only ~20,000 they didn't care, but after the fire sale, they must have figured it was worth their effort to block.
  4.    #4  
    I saw that thread but thought maybe there had been a fix since then. It is wild that I was able to watch it Monday and Tuesday and now can't.
    I wonder will Hulu work with a 3rd party browser on the TP (i.e Advanced Web Browser)
    This must be something that can be fixed with a user agent spoof like what was done with the phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by DocFly View Post
    I wonder will Hulu work with a 3rd party browser on the TP (i.e Advanced Web Browser)
    it doesnt work with the advanced browser too..
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Wow, i was just watching Hulu last night also and loved how smoothly it played. Oh well, only a matter of time until Homebrew comes to the rescue.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Someone would have to hack the browser to report itself as something like IE or Firefox.
    On another note, there are relay-media-servers like PlayOn.tv hat allow both Hulu and Netflix to stream to any device.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Wow!!! The first negative thing to happen to the TP as a result of a descent sized user base. I heard from one of my Android friends that Hulu looks at the Flash version also to identify the device. He said that's how they hack android phones to work with Hulu by installing a non-official android version of Flash.
  11.    #11  
    Mize - Do you know if PlayOn.tv will allow streaming through guest servers?
    Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Isn't this what hulu does? Not surprising in the least. I stopped going there ages ago because of this type of nonsense. They just want everyone to buy their hulu plus service.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13.    #13  
    I did contact Hulu by email and on their forum and they do not support webOS/HP Touchpad and were surprised it ever worked at all for me. Very bizarre! I let them know about all the new users due to the huge price drop and told them they may want to work on supporting webOS.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    They just notice "What's all this new traffic?" realized it was the TouchPad, which probably had little impact on Hulu before now. They block everything so they can charge you for Hulu plus later.

Use playon, or try to spoof your ClientID and see if that works
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy4866 View Post
    I did contact Hulu by email and on their forum and they do not support webOS/HP Touchpad and were surprised it ever worked at all for me. Very bizarre! I let them know about all the new users due to the huge price drop and told them they may want to work on supporting webOS.
    And by supporting it --- means hulu plus --- which you have to pay for.
    for those of you bummed (like me) that hulu is no longer working... Just download video flood hd in the app cat. It has your tv shows there and many more...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Bacstar likes this.
    I realize this has already been discovered on the Hulu thread, but I thought it deserved its own announcement.

Oh, the bitter irony.

HP TouchPad finally popular enough to be blocked by Hulu | This is my next...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    for those of you bummed (like me) that hulu is no longer working... Just download video flood hd in the app cat. It has your tv shows there and many more...
    +1... just released an update that added SyFy too
    Does anyone know if this is just Hulu or Hulu Plus as well? I pay $7.99 for Hulu Plus to stream on my 360 and was looking forward to using it on my new touchpad (once HP sends it to me ) I should be able to watch it on any device I want since I pay for it, right?
    Hulu should add a Hulu+ app to the Touchpad since they are going to block it from being viewed...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast