Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    Does Amazon Prime work on the touchpad? They have a good selection. $6.60/month which also includes free 2nd day shipping on all Amazon orders, and free regular shipping for many affiliate orders.
    I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Amazon streaming work for the touchpad?
    Guys... just get PlayOn and you can watch Hulu on your TouchPad.
    Yes amazon prime instant streaming works.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoichikun808 View Post
    well someone in another thread said that Hulu was thinking about making one for the playbook...which is not at all as popular as the Touchpad is currently.
    Keyword: Currently. There is a possible future for RIM's new OS.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    The reply I got from Hulu. I guess "Vince" is under the impression the Touchpad runs Android. I don't buy into what he said.

Vince, Aug-24 03:54 pm (PDT):

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your email. I'm very sorry that we don't currently support your HP Touchpad. Because Android phones and tablets each have a different set of specifications that we must take into account, we're only able to support a select number of them at this point in time. We'll be expanding Android support very quickly though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see support for your model available soon.

Again, I'm sorry for the frustration. It's been a long wait, and to see the launch and still be unable to use Hulu Plus can't be easy. We're working hard to bring Hulu Plus to a wide variety of Android devices as soon as possible. Thank you for being patient with us in the meantime. If there's anything else I can address for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Vince
    Hulu Support
  6.    #46  
    [QUOTE=kayphoonstar;3097089]Hulu works with Playon.[/QUOTE

Do you know if it will work through guest servers though? Like at hotels, hospitals, McDonalds, etc.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    for those of you bummed (like me) that hulu is no longer working... Just download video flood hd in the app cat. It has your tv shows there and many more...
    Thanks I will check into the app.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Guys... just get PlayOn and you can watch Hulu on your TouchPad.
    Only works for iPhone and Android it seems...

See now this is why we need Android on the Touchpad!

Edit: Woops, found the playon thread in the forum so it is possible on WebOS. But we still need Android nonetheless
    Last edited by ap3604; 08/24/2011 at 07:28 PM.
    WOW. I used to be a huge supporter of Hulu and recommended it to all my friends. I have watched over 750 videos on Hulu and been a member since 2008. My membership ends today. I had no idea they went out of their way to block flash supporting devices. Blocking the touchpad is like blocking a Macbook. This is bull****.

I hope a homebrew solution can fix this for other users. I for one am done with Hulu for good.
    Some perspective: Hulu is only interesting for 300 million out of 7 billion people.

I'm one of the 6.7 billion who yawns at this.
    installing ubuntu and then chromium or firefox might work, someone research this please
    Quote Originally Posted by deucediggity View Post
    Yes amazon prime instant streaming works.
    At least, it does currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Amazon streaming work for the touchpad?
    I bought a movie from Amazon and watched it on the TouchPad, check out my thread where I talk about using the touchpad for a week instead of a laptop.

amazon music streaming also works, although I have not used that for awhile.

ubuntu plus firefox/chromium may work with hulu, would not be surprised if it did.
    hmm, can this be patched?
    I'm over Hulu. I'm glad they had the time to spend on blocking webOS instead of working on a Hulu plus app for the device.

I play a monthly subscription for the plus service only to see more and more commercials on content that I can watch. Many of the shows I like are not available on hulu plus (via iPad) either which really doesn't make any sense to me.
  16.    #56  
    Just found this HP TouchPad finally popular enough to be blocked by Hulu | This is my next...

It would have been nice of them to be honest when I posted on their forum and emailed them. Guess they won't be getting money for me upgrading to Hulu Plus.
    Response from hulu

"Olivia, Aug-24 03:04 pm (PDT):

Hi Nikholas,

Thanks for writing in and for trying Hulu Plus. We get a lot of requests for Hulu Plus on the HP Touchpad, so it's definitely on our radar. Though we can't support it right now, we are continually evaluating new technologies, and will be adding more devices based on user demand. Stay tuned!

We have plans to bring Hulu Plus to as many devices as possible. For up to date info on which devices are currently supported or have been announced, you can go to ( Hulu - Plus ). On this page, you can even sign up to be notified of availability on upcoming devices.

I looked up your account and see that your account is still in good standing... Did you need me to go ahead and cancel your account for you? To cancel your Hulu Plus subscription, you can visit your Account page ( www.hulu.com/account ), click Cancel subscription in the Billing Information section, and you'll be taken to another page to confirm.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    Hulu Support"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I bought a movie from Amazon and watched it on the TouchPad, check out my thread where I talk about using the touchpad for a week instead of a laptop.

amazon music streaming also works, although I have not used that for awhile.

ubuntu plus firefox/chromium may work with hulu, would not be surprised if it did.
    I'm a little po'd at Amazon - at least until I get my CC charge for a 16GB TP reversed or removed.

I just tried Hulu on Chromium w/o much success. Playon is definitely the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I'm a little po'd at Amazon - at least until I get my CC charge for a 16GB TP reversed or removed.

I just tried Hulu on Chromium w/o much success. Playon is definitely the way to go.
    did you try firefox?
    don't forget to use maxblocker patch for the ads, you will have to wait 20-30 seconds with the dark screen

What happened with Amazon? sorry to hear you had trouble.
    Does the HP touchpad support Playon.tv?? Or Tversity??
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast