Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I remember hearing about one for the pre, but why not TP? Isn't the hardware powerful enough to support at least emulating it without sound?
    crucian4 likes this.
    It should be enough even with sound if over clocked to 1.5 and I hope this is possible. This and an n64

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    crucian4 likes this.
    That would be great, I would love to load my 32g with games. :-)
    Tailzy_Baby likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moremoe View Post
    That would be great, I would love to load my 32g with games. :-)
    +1
    there are nes, snes, and turbografx 16 emulators. A psx would be great. I would think ps2 would be possible too.
    The NES and TG16/PC Engine apps don't work with TP, just Pre/WebOS phones.
    technically the touchpad has zero native emulators to date, only < pre apps.

i dont include the likes of dosbox as it doesnt work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    there are nes, snes, and turbografx 16 emulators. A psx would be great. I would think ps2 would be possible too.
    I think PS2 even on a PC, it is hard to get working correctly and at a decent framerate.
    psx emulator with a WIIMOTE bluetooth remote That would be great
    timtlu and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I think PS2 even on a PC, it is hard to get working correctly and at a decent framerate.
    You are correct, without the great performance gains garnered from some very specific Intel chipset features, most games are unplayable, you'd be lucky to hit 5fps on a touchpad.

A PS1 emulator would push the capabilities of the touchpad, but given enough development time it should be manageable.
    Ps3 remotes are Bluetooth too so using that would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    technically the touchpad has zero native emulators to date, only < pre apps.
    The SNES emulator was updated to take advantage of the Touchpad screen. It looks great, certainly feels 'native'.

As for PSX, if I could code in C++, I would be all over it. There's this handheld called OpenPandora which uses the same processor as the original Pre-, and it has both PSX emulation and N64 emulation. If something with hardware on par with a Pre- can do it, why doesn't the Pre- do it? We just need someone interested in doing it and with the technical know-how to make it happen. It should even be possible to just port the emulators from OpenPandora to webOS, without having to rewrite large amounts of code.

You know how they started a bounty for getting Android? We should start one for getting PSX and N64 emulators.
    I agree I think n64 and psx would be a nice edition
    Here's hoping someone with the know how will make this I would love to play some of the classic's on Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by niighthawk View Post
    psx emulator with a WIIMOTE bluetooth remote That would be great
    I think you would need to go PS3/360 remote to get enough controller inputs to be able to play the games.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I’m down for the N64 em’s, with either a Wiimote or PS3!!! That would be awesome!!!

I wish i could code, as that would be my life until it is finished!!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Ocarina of Time... *drools*
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    A PS1 emulator would push the capabilities of the touchpad, but given enough development time it should be manageable.
    I can play ps1 games very smooth with absolutely no lag on my Droid X with a ps3 controller... I would hope the touchpad would be able to do the same since it has a dual core cpu and more ram.

I would be willing to pay a good chunk of change for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    I can play ps1 games very smooth with absolutely no lag on my Droid X with a ps3 controller... I would hope the touchpad would be able to do the same since it has a dual core cpu and more ram.

I would be willing to pay a good chunk of change for this.
    Problem is, at this time, lack of GPU in the TP (from my understanding).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Problem is, at this time, lack of GPU in the TP (from my understanding).
    Uh what? The touchpad has a GPU. You're probably thinking about how many things on the touchpad aren't actually accelerated by it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast