Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    it would be very very nice to see the ps3 controller + keypad working via bluetooth on the touchpad with the emulator.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would love to see this but I highly doubt the to would be powerful enough to run it seeing as most comps can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie87 View Post
    I would love to see this but I highly doubt the to would be powerful enough to run it seeing as most comps can't.
    I think you don't know what you're talking about...
    Vistaus likes this.
    I play psx on my tbolt for sure a tp can handle.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie87 View Post
    maybe youre thinking about ps2 or ps3 emulation. i used to have a 1 ghz single core android phone that ran PSX games fine. i have a dual core phone now that also runs the games just fine. id assume the touchpad would also be powerful enough as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Problem is, at this time, lack of GPU in the TP (from my understanding).
    I cannot fathom where that understanding came from. The TP has a GPU that meets or beats the Tegra 2.. its just that the OS doesn't use it.

AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks
    Last edited by Divine_Madcat; 09/08/2011 at 12:26 AM.
    PS1 emulator, I wanna play me some Spyro
    Isnt the problem only GLES support on the TP opposed to a full blown openGL?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    well there is an n64 emulator out now so why no ps emulator? Paired with s bluetooth ps3 controller would be awesome.
    Does anyone can play GBA in TP by using visualboy advanced? I installed but doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Isnt the problem only GLES support on the TP opposed to a full blown openGL?
    If you were talking about porting a PC application, that would be a common hurdle. But there is already plenty of ARM+GLES optimised code out there, like this: PCSX ReARMed
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    well there is an n64 emulator out now so why no ps emulator? Paired with s bluetooth ps3 controller would be awesome.
    Just a matter of no one deciding to do it yet I guess. I'm sure it'll come.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritt View Post
    Does anyone can play GBA in TP by using visualboy advanced? I installed but doesn't work
    I believe that release is for phones only unfortunately.
    Ive gotten psx4all to compile and run with sound, but its basically unplayable, 17-30 fps (at least with ff7). Also completely gutted the menu system in psx4all, since I have no kb.

I can get pcsx-rearmed to compile along with its plugins, but its giving me Memory allocation errors, which Im not too sure why. Even on a 256 meg qemu emulated arm, re-armed gets farther (although it segfaults at a later point, lol).

No where near a release, as I havent even touched input or other stuff.

May work on it later.
    uae4all plox, worked well on my gp2x.
    what is "uae4all plox"?

psxM != (void *)0x80000000 || psxR != (void *)0x9fc00000 (both these conditions fail)

thats whats failing on the touchpad, Im not sure why, maybe the touchpad handles mmap differently?
    SCUMMVM is available now for the TP and it works fantastic. I'm still waiting for someone to get dosbox working for the TP and maybe NES. PSX will have to wait till Android gets ported over.
    weird - I was just thinking about this as I fired up dolphin on the pc... there are a few good devs on the openpandora forums that may be interested...
    Looks like porting pcsx-rearmed might be over my head.

Code:
    #include <sys/mman.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #ifndef MAP_ANONYMOUS
    #define MAP_ANONYMOUS MAP_ANON
    #endif
    #include <errno.h>
    int main(void) {

char *a = NULL;
    char *b = NULL;
    a = mmap((void *)0x80000000, 0x00220000,
                    PROT_WRITE | PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE | MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0);
    printf( "%s\n", strerror( errno ) );
            if (a == MAP_FAILED) {printf("map failed\n");}
    b = mmap((void *)0x9fc00000, 0x80000,
                    PROT_WRITE | PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE | MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0);
    printf( "%s\n", strerror( errno ) );
            if (b == MAP_FAILED) {printf("map 2 failed\n");}
     if (a != (void *)0x80000000) { printf("a failed\n");} // this fails on TP
     if (b != (void *)0x9fc00000) { printf("b failed\n");} // this fails on TP

}
    For some reason this works on every linux box Ive tried, but on the touchpad (compiled with either the pdk, or with the ubuntu chroots gcc), it fails on both a and b. Possibly a setting in /proc/sys mmap related? I dunno.

Maybe I'll take a shot at fceux or something, maybe it'll be easier. Or just wait for android to be finished and use its software...??
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi! I just got an email about this thread. I'm willing to do it, but I'm without an HP Touchpad. My OnSale purchase was canceled due to being out of stock. If I can get an HP Touchpad, I'm at least willing to port it and post the source to github so others can continue improving it / updating it.

Thanks,
    ZodTTD
    Link2999 likes this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    If you need suggestions on what to port and tips, I can help with that as well. PCSX-ReARMed isn't quite the best choice. Eating lunch and on the phone. Will reply asap.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodttd View Post
    Hi! I just got an email about this thread. I'm willing to do it, but I'm without an HP Touchpad. My OnSale purchase was canceled due to being out of stock. If I can get an HP Touchpad, I'm at least willing to port it and post the source to github so others can continue improving it / updating it.

Thanks,
    ZodTTD
    Awesome! I'm sure someone here will sell you an extra for the cause. Would be great if you started moving your other emulators to the Touchpad as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast