1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, Im a new Touchpad owner, Iv been looking through the apps both HP and Homebrew to find an app that lets you use the touchpad screen as an extra monitor for your computer.

There are apps for ipad and android that do this. Iv noticed that some times linux based (including webos) apps have un-intuative names so perhaps there is an app and I just can't find it.

Does anyone know anything if there is anything out there that can do this ?

cheers
  2. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No news.. but I think it'd be a swell idea.

As it is, it's great (with KalemSoft media player) to stream videos right next to me without having to switch windows or take up monitor space (Hurray for Adventure Time!).
    I haven't tried it but there is an application for Ubuntu (via chroot) that I saw in synaptic. Xinerama, maybe?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I haven't tried it but there is an application for Ubuntu (via chroot) that I saw in synaptic. Xinerama, maybe?
    Even so Im not a developer but I assume a Ubuntu app wont just work on Webos, even though they are both based on Linux.

We would still need a developer to port it over, is that correct ?

It would be so awesome for exting my laptop display when working at customer sites.

But given the current state of play im sure the community is down some developers.

Also in Australia I need a different way of paying the developer for the app as we dont have the paid store in Australia, and I doubt HP will release it.