Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep getting "the action could not be completed, try again later" error message when I boot up the HP app catalog. I'm on 3.0.2. if that helps, and I have these tweaks enabled

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858

Anybody else having this problem? It's driving me crazy
    I have the same problem.

I have two touchpads at home, one 16gb and one 32gb. They were both set up today, different accounts. They are both running webOS 3.0.2, both with App Catalog version 5.0.1400.

The 32gb accesses the App Catalog just fine, but the 16gb always gets the error "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

What gives?
    I have also had this problem. I find that if I turn off the WiFi and then turn it back on that it fixes the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppychops View Post
    I have also had this problem. I find that if I turn off the WiFi and then turn it back on that it fixes the problem.
    Just tried that, and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help though
    I'm just trying to access the App Cat for the first time and have hit the same issue.

Tried turning off/on the WiFi, tried restarting... makes no difference.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah that didn't work for me either. Is there a way to reset the Touchpad to factory conditions? I might as well give that a shot since I've tried everything else.

Or maybe this is just an internal issue that HP has to sort out?
    I just ran Software Manager, followed by System Updates (nothing new in either) and then got into the AC once. Exiting out and attempting to re-enter gave me the error again, though. :-(

ETA: I kept hitting retry and then quickly hit Categories and got in... However, in the app menu the options for "Preferences & Accounts" is grayed out. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Saityo View Post
    Yeah that didn't work for me either. Is there a way to reset the Touchpad to factory conditions? I might as well give that a shot since I've tried everything else.
    If you go into Settings/Device Info and scroll to the bottom you can find options for restoring the device to out-of-box conditions.

I'm curious if it makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have this problem as well and I just set mine up today too.
    Given this is happening to newly registered devices today, I'm assuming it must be on the server side rather than a TP issue.
    My Frankenpre2 started having this issue today on 2.1, but no issues with my GSM Pre-. Probably going to try a Dr when I want to actually buy an app, which is rare...
    I'm able to get in now and the previously mentioned "Preferences & Accounts" is accessible as it should be...
    I just got my touchpad today, the app catalog worked fine until I updated... Now it's giving the same error. Has anyone found a fix? or is it HP's side?
    All I get now is a yellow triangle sign with a "!" in it.

When I launch the app catalog nothing happens.

anyway to reinstall it?

Eric
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Been having the same issue all day..

Seems like a server issue, possibly due to the higher than usual traffic
    This was happening on my Pre earlier and now is happening on my new Touchpad.
  17.    #17  
    Just an update on this: I reset my touchpad to factory conditions (make sure to back-up first with your HP account!), and when it rebooted, it automatically restored the back-up and the app catalogue worked finally.
    I had this problem and solved it by going to Launcher > Settings > Accounts > HP WebOS Account and retyping my password. I then tried the App Catalog and it worked. No resetting necessary.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chandlerweb View Post
    I had this problem and solved it by going to Launcher > Settings > Accounts > HP WebOS Account and retyping my password. I then tried the App Catalog and it worked. No resetting necessary.
    That didnt work for me. this error sucks.
    Thanks, Chandlerweb - I followed your instructions, and reentering my password worked for me. I can now get into the HP app catalog again. I was worried that I had messed up something when making a setting change today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast