Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By geeksquadkid
  1.    #1  
    Amazon.com: Best Free Books on Kindle

Thought you guys might be able to use this too. Quite a few great books such as treasure island etc.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Soorma, 65fastback and jblather like this.
  2.    #2  
    A bump for the new people to see. Simply because I love this link lol
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

There's other books like those from Project Guttenburg (sp) but when I tried to download and open, I got the dreaded MIME TYPE error... Would be nice to know how to use 3rd party books.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    There's other books like those from Project Guttenburg (sp) but when I tried to download and open, I got the dreaded MIME TYPE error... Would be nice to know how to use 3rd party books.
    you could try copying them into the palm kindle folder, I havent tried it but it may work
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Just downloading an ebook and copying to the kindle folder will not work; search the forums for ways to manually add an ebook to kindle. Apparently, someone reported the issue to Amazon and there is supposed to be a fix/update on the way to enable manual adds.
    I am, therefore I think
    o.0 i was able to download afree one directly onto the app, no extra steps necessary...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    o.0 i was able to download afree one directly onto the app, no extra steps necessary...
    same
    I think the free Kindle eBooks are awesome. Many, many, many classics. I downloaded 19 free books and decided that was enough - I'll never read them all.

I started reading one of them and decided I hate reading books on that thing. I'll go get a real book instead. I think it's because that thing is too uncomfortable to hold for a long time and the fonts are too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I think it's because that thing is too uncomfortable to hold for a long time and the fonts are too big.
    You do know, that not only can you change the size of the fonts, but you can also change the fonts themselves?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Anyone know where you can get free ebook files safely online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    You do know, that not only can you change the size of the fonts, but you can also change the fonts themselves?
    Yah, I know that. The smallest size font is still too big. I find myself flipping pages all the time which is really annoying. Plus, you can't put your fingers or hand anywhere on the page itself, like you can with a real book, which makes it awkward to hold.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbarney View Post
    Anyone know where you can get free ebook files safely online?
    the link I put?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    The best app for Project Gutenberg, Baen Free Library, etc is pReader. The native (PDK) version is in preware & the regular version is in the App Catalog. pReader supports, many file formats: txt, eReader (with & without DRM - that includes B&N files ending in .pub, ePub, rtf ... The best choice from Gutenberg & other sources is ePub with images.