Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    It seems that in small aspect HP is living up to its promise to continue supporting the TP by releasing a Quickoffice update that will allow document editing. This is supposed to come within the week. So they haven't totally dropped support of WebOS as many would like to believe.
    El Valluco likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It seems that in small aspect HP is living up to its promise to continue supporting the TP by releasing a Quickoffice update that will allow document editing. This is supposed to come within the week. So they haven't totally dropped support of WebOS as many would like to believe.
    source?
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I will go on a limb and say, the app and software support will be there for least a year.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Don't trust, verify.
    However, the update would have been basically completed before HP "lost their marbles". It's very welcome, but don't think that it says much about ongoing support. Let's see if the update runs on phones.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I have been closely watching the new apps since last Friday. Each day I see 10 new apps (minimum) added to the store.

Folks as a device , TP is now No2 to iPad. They will have half a million customer base if not a million. That is good enough for some developers to write games.
    Dazo likes this.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    However, the update would have been basically completed before HP "lost their marbles". It's very welcome, but don't think that it says much about ongoing support. Let's see if the update runs on phones.
    I doubt it will be on phones.
    We will see aggressive updates.
    My guess is that HP make it a nice third eco system with all these fire sale customers. Make it attractive to buyer.
  8.    #9  
    But this at least proves that HP didn't totally kill off WebOS last week. The fact they are even bothering releasing this app indicates they are at least somewhat interested in continued support. How much, we will have to see.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Praise Jesus!

HP tried to snuff out our fire but the good lord brought us back to the light!
    But this at least proves that HP didn't totally kill off WebOS last week. The fact they are even bothering releasing this app indicates they are at least somewhat interested in continued support. How much, we will have to see.
    This is a good point. Adobe almost had Flash ready for Windows Mobile 6.5 when Microsoft killed that platform (in favor of "Windows Phone") and Adobe never released it.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Thursday today, still no signs of QuickOffice...

Hope it's ready by the time my TP ships so I have one more reason to use it.
    So they haven't totally dropped support of WebOS as many would like to believe.
    Ever wake up in a strange bed after a bender with your arm around a sleeping woman that you don't know, see her sans beer goggles, and then instantly regret hooking up with her? Me neither, but I've seen it on movies and TV, and you don't just whip your arm out from under her, you have to slowly, gently, quietly remove it, gather your clothes, and tiptoe out of her life.

HP isn't going to cook the TouchPad breakfast, that's for sure.
    ap3604 and resteasy like this.
  13. DS3
    Wow, i saw quick office there and just assumed it already had document creation and editing since it does on other OS.

Well, at least it's getting it...
    I've read here that the editing function is due this week -- like even today. I just checked the QO website. And don't even see it listed as an app for the tp. Anyone have any better information. The QO pro with editing for the ipad costs 19.95 so it would be nice to have it on the firesale tab. It would make it more useful at Least for me.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Edit: Nychotxxx thread merged with this one so link no longer needed as it is shown above.
    Last edited by ap3604; 08/25/2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    you can signup to be notified when it's released
    Quickoffice » Quickoffice for webOS
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Or QO is simply fulfilling their end of the deal. Idk, most of us don't. But we can hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    Signed up for that... like last year. Never heard back from them.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    ...signed-up! hope there will be some good news before the week end
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast