Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jerryn
  • 1 Post By BMIC50
  1.    #1  
    Wow.. big difference! I initially bought this for an android conversion, now I don't think I will. The FLASH support is excellent in webos, now with the performance tweek taht was recommended on this site html5 support is faster! Now I'm at the webos-internals git site recompling older apps and adding talbet support! The eclipse plugin and the virtual box emulator work well on my macpro.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Awesome and welcome to the group. Just to let you know, now that webos has sucked you in, you may never get out!!!
    You can run Eclipse on your TouchPad through this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    as well as document editing(AbiWord), picture editing(GIMP) and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
    Wow.. big difference! I initially bought this for an android conversion, now I don't think I will. The FLASH support is excellent in webos, now with the performance tweek taht was recommended on this site html5 support is faster! Now I'm at the webos-internals git site recompling older apps and adding talbet support! The eclipse plugin and the virtual box emulator work well on my macpro.
    Which performance tuning tweaks did you apply? Where can I find those? Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBellLion View Post
    Which performance tuning tweaks did you apply? Where can I find those? Thanks!!!
    Through the magic of Preware, a lot is possible.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    retroblu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBellLion View Post
    http://bit.ly/rgm00o

You are welcome.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Got the 32GB Touchpad this last weekend. I had the Palm Pre and forgot how much I loved WebOS! I hated the form factor of the Pre (too small). Anyway, put on Preware and overclocked the tablet as well as some other tweaks and man....love it. I can't believe I only paid $149 for this thing.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just the did patches, not the kernels, is there any negative side effects, battery, overheating,anything? I heard a few people complaining about not being able to see youtube videos, hence my hesitation. With the patches alone I noticed a difference.
    I had some problems with youtube videos so I put teh settings to USA instead of Canada and they worked again.