Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am one of the new touchpad users, I have always used my sony ereader to read my books and one of the great things about it was that it used many formats.
    I can not seem to find a program that will read pdfs like a ereader on the touchpad aps is there one? I know the office program will but it doesn't save your page. And I need one that wil
    I have been trying top use the kindle program and it wont read pdf. I have used calibre to convert them into Mobi format but how do I get the kindle program to recognize the files and where do i put them on the touchpad drive

HELP gotta finish game of thrones
    just dont close the app and it saves your page for you! That is the joy of cards. a short time fix till something better comes up. I have not tried it but there should be acrobat reader on the TP maybe that will work better.
    You can also give preader a shot, i've used it for reading my epub books and it works great
    vmax007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter77 View Post
    I am one of the new touchpad users, I have always used my sony ereader to read my books and one of the great things about it was that it used many formats.
    I can not seem to find a program that will read pdfs like a ereader on the touchpad aps is there one? I know the office program will but it doesn't save your page. And I need one that wil
    I have been trying top use the kindle program and it wont read pdf. I have used calibre to convert them into Mobi format but how do I get the kindle program to recognize the files and where do i put them on the touchpad drive

Finish Game of Thrones, and the rest (I just finished re-reading the first 4, and read book 5). I read the last half of book 4 via my Touchpad/Kindle, and it worked pretty well. I think I still prefer real books or even the lightweight kindle, but the touchpad kindle app is pretty good.

Winter is coming...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I can't seem to install the kindle app I have installed preware but can't find the app anywhere can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Kindle is not available outside the US.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post

Thanks for your quick response I was reading this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ng-drop-h.html
    Can't seem to find it though?
    I read books 4-5 on the Kindle touchpad app. I like it. but obviously that would mean buying something you already have. sorry I couldn't be of more help.

great books
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post

???
    I grabbed the kindle app, and it fired up OK. I wasn't interested in getting an Amazon account, though, so I deleted it. Amazon sells Kindle into Canada, and the app for PC is free and available.

Can't understand why it would be unavailable for the Touchpad in Canada.
    Try setting up your TP as being in US when the software asks you shipping country. Not sure, if they also check ip address but it's worth a try.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Did I read this too quickly? As I read it, it was as if nobody heard the question.

(@mrmark27 came close)
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter77 View Post

Adobe Reader reads PDFs. Not particularly well, but it does.

As far as epubs, there's nothing "good". And there really isn't anything else for pdfs that I'm aware of. preader is for the pre, so its meh on the touchpad, unless im mistaken.

This could presumably be ported to the TP when it's production ready, as its just HTML5:
    http://andreasgal.com/2011/06/15/pdf-js/

but it's nowhere near production quality from what I'm looking at. may be quite some time.
    Last edited by Oh4Sh0; 08/23/2011 at 09:05 PM.
    I have figured out how to side load books onto the kindle app, but its a little hacky at the moment, and involves downloading the preview from the amazon kindle store.
    Hacking palmkindle: Hacking the Touchpads Kindle App!
    I'm asking the question (sorry - I already asked this in another thread)

Can you not drag an Non DRM Mobi book into the Kindle folder? I do it on my laptop and it opens fine.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thats what i was wondering i have it converted to mobi now how do i get the program to recognize it
    On my computer - I just have a non DRM mobi book on my desktop. Open the Kindle folder. Drag the mobi book in the Kindle folder. Open the Kindle application and the book is there. I don't know how it works on the TP. They said it works on the Mobiread forum on Phones. Hoping it would work on TP.
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 08/24/2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    tried it and it didn't work, I just hate the fact that if I close the program by accident I loose my page
    The touchpad's kindle app doesn't support side loading. it will only sync with your amazon account and load the books you've purchased.

preader is pretty much your best solution for right now. hopefully amazon will update the app and add that feature.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    what file format does it support
    Hi Guys.
    Ive done the above and all is working well.
    But i cannot for the life of me find the kindle app.
    I'm UK Based and any help would be appreciated.

Andy...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast