1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I'm new to both the Touchpad and webOS, so I come to you all seeking how best to optimize the performance of my tablet. Thus far, I have followed the tweaks and preware patches mentioned here (http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-new...-touchpad/3866) short of overclocking. Are there any other patches that can be found in Preware or settings that can be adjusted in the webOS environment that has been proven (to some extent) to compliment the tweaks listed in the zdnet article? Thanks.

Also(apologies in advance for this newbie question), when a patch is 'installed' from Preware, it would be considered 'run', therefore requiring no further opening on the installed patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm new to both the Touchpad and webOS, so I come to you all seeking how best to optimize the performance of my tablet. Thus far, I have followed the tweaks and preware patches mentioned here (How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet) short of overclocking. Are there any other patches that can be found in Preware or settings that can be adjusted in the webOS environment that has been proven (to some extent) to compliment the tweaks listed in the zdnet article? Thanks.

Also(apologies in advance for this newbie question), when a patch is 'installed' from Preware, it would be considered 'run', therefore requiring no further opening on the installed patch?

You could open the phone app, type ##logs# and press talk and set logging to minimal. There are only so many patches for the Touchpad. You should really be able to size them all up. Sounds like you've installed the important one.

After installing you don't really have to do anything except reboot, which Preware should prompt you to do...

Welcome!

EDIT: Thought you were referencing a different article. Hold please.

Also worth your time, in my opinion, are:

Quiet powerd messages and unthrottle download manager. I *feel* like Faster card animations speeds things a little also.

There are other good patches though, like Advanced Reset Options, Max Blocker, MAKE IT SO!, and No vibrate or sound on messaging send.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 08/23/2011 at 12:31 AM.