1.    #1  
    Is there a patch that changes the scrolling behavior? When scrolling, the screen zig-zags with my finger. I have an iPhone and scrolling on that is less disorienting because it locks in the scrolling to prevent the screen from moving side to side.

It's hard to describe, but I found a diagram illustrating what I mean:

Thanks.
    One of the little thing that sets iOS and webOS different.
    Not sure how hard it would be to make but I'd appreciate it too. (I'm guessing applying a system wide change would require almost a rewrite of the OS or require some tweak that will at least change the deep behaviour. They wouldn't have a mechanism to detect a straight movement since they didn't make one would they?)
    Oh god, I would kill for this, along with patches that replicate the double space to insert a period and tap to go back to the top of the page features of iOS.
    Tap to go back is one feature I miss a lot too. But as I said, don't think it will be THAT easy to make.
    I remember reading when the Pre first launched that Apple had a patent on this type of filtration of input based on the angle of your finger, so it could possibly be a legal issue.
  6.    #6  
    That's unfortunate. Apple has a patent on the scrolling behavior where the screen continues to move with your finger even when you reach the top/bottom of the screen, but HP implemented the same behavior (Android does not). Hopefully they go ahead and implement the side to side behavior as well.
    This is the article that discusses it:

Apple vs. Palm: the in-depth analysis -- Engadget