Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one who think this browser is terribly slow ? It takes way too much time to load regular pages (flash or not).
  2. #2  
    there is an advanced browser app, but i don't like it either. as much as i love webos and have been telling everyone how much they will enjoy it, the browser is such a big disappointment.
  3. #3  
    for an OS that was supposed to be based on web technologies, it's a let down too.
    General browsing speed is a lot slower then my sister's iPad 2 and stutters from time to time when scrolling and zooming.

    Would be nice to get a complete replacement with a better rendering engine but at this state, don't think any dev would take his time to work on a complicated project like that.
  4. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Add performance patches/overclocked kernel and its blazing fast.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    gabailey1 and strykr_ac like this.
  5.    #5  
    I browsed the forum and only both of us are complaining about the speed yet.

    Maybe its the WiFi connection. Ill test it and will come back with the results.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Add performance patches/overclocked kernel and its blazing fast.
    except for uberkernel, I can't see any patch that enhance browsing experience...

    And fyi, me too have issues with browser perfs^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  7.    #7  
    Results (WebOS Touchpad vs Android 2.3 phone)

    WebOS: Download:31.79mbps Upload:2.00mbps

    Android Phone: Download: 30.41mbs Upload:2.02mbps

    So it has to be the browser... Thats a good news.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Add performance patches/overclocked kernel and its blazing fast.
    No difference. Even when over clocked with Govnah.
  9. #9  
    to be fair how many month old v1.00 browsers u know to be blisteringly fast?
    11B1P and Cantaffordit like this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    to be fair how many month old v1.00 browsers u know to be blisteringly fast?
    chrome?

    but really, it's not just the speed. its the functionality that bothers me. there is no home screen and the bookmarks are done terribly (can't even reorder them), just to name a few.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    except for uberkernel, I can't see any patch that enhance browsing experience...

    And fyi, me too have issues with browser perfs^^
    the system logging patch will help all apps.
  12. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    My iPad2 browser checkerboards more than the touchpad one, page loads of cnn.com (one of the more complex pages out there) seem to be the same.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    chrome?

    but really, it's not just the speed. its the functionality that bothers me. there is no home screen and the bookmarks are done terribly (can't even reorder them), just to name a few.
    chrome isnt new, its based on chromium browser which came before it as open source, which in turn is based on older apple browser tech, lots been tinkerign with it, its not out of the box brand spanking new.

    all that based on webkit via many different companys input, the webOS variant for us is a bit of an alien untried OS, the above has been on apples syetems/linux/windows, weve got.................. webOS.
    11B1P likes this.
  14. #14  
    Maybe b/c I am don't know what to look for, mine seems ok. It just loaded CNN just fine.

    what does the search engine drop down (top right) means when I visit pages, should I click them?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Maybe b/c I am don't know what to look for, mine seems ok. It just loaded CNN just fine.

    what does the search engine drop down (top right) means when I visit pages, should I click them?
    it means you can add it to your 'just type' search engine database - so it will search anything you type in at this site as well as the native search engines.
    gabailey1 likes this.
  16. #16  
    My browser on my oc touchpad works perfectly. No complains. Even before overclocking it worked great.
    Conne>< Coding

    Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

    Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

    Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

    gabailey1 likes this.
  17. #17  
    I haven't had any real issues with the browser. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't always get some of the more advanced html5 stuff rendered correctly. Speed is not an issue, but I am running 1.5GHz with antilogging patches.
    gabailey1 likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    chrome isnt new, its based on chromium browser which came before it as open source, which in turn is based on older apple browser tech, lots been tinkerign with it, its not out of the box brand spanking new.

    all that based on webkit via many different companys input, the webOS variant for us is a bit of an alien untried OS, the above has been on apples syetems/linux/windows, weve got.................. webOS.
    webOS's browser has been based on webkit, which you acknowledge as not being new. So the same argument that you make for Chrome can be made for webOS.

    The browser is NOT new, and I periodically wonder why it renders slower than my expectation. But I also lose sound almost daily, so suffice it to say that HP has yet to fully optimize the browser/webOS 3.0.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    webOS's browser has been based on webkit, which you acknowledge as not being new. So the same argument that you make for Chrome can be made for webOS.

    The browser is NOT new, and I periodically wonder why it renders slower than my expectation. But I also lose sound almost daily, so suffice it to say that HP has yet to fully optimize the browser/webOS 3.0.
    my argument applies because the previously mentioned kits/browsers have user / dev history on working pc/s apples/ linux boxes on their respective OS's, webos 3.x browser has had....... <2months of useage.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    my argument applies because the previously mentioned kits/browsers have user / dev history on working pc/s apples/ linux boxes on their respective OS's, webos 3.x browser has had....... <2months of useage.
    Interesting argument, but webOS' browser has had 2+ years of development. Its a variation of the same browser that has been on the Pre, Pixi and Veer. But it is a much improved variation, including Flash (as on the Pre 2 and variations of of the Pre, which were not officially released), a different tablet-friendly layout, etc. I wouldnt call webOS' browser "new", only evolved...same as Chrome.

    Also, dont forget that webkit bases Chrome, too.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions