Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By professionalbum
  1.    #1  
    I've got folders of jpg comics. and I've already loaded them onto my TouchPad using the USB browser.

However, the Photo app arranged all the files in the wrong order and I'm not sure what I can do to read them in the correct order.

Anyone have any idea to help? Is there other dedicated image viewer app I can use? Can I convert jpg files to ePub and read it from Preader?
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    I've got folders of jpg comics. and I've already loaded them onto my TouchPad using the USB browser.

However, the Photo app arranged all the files in the wrong order and I'm not sure what I can do to read them in the correct order.

Anyone have any idea to help? Is there other dedicated image viewer app I can use? Can I convert jpg files to ePub and read it from Preader?
    Put them in a standard cbr/cbz file. Install Comic Shelf from the app catalog. Its a $2 app but totally worth every cent. Add files via USB to directory per app directions. Read/Enjoy.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  3.    #3  
    hmm, I guess I'll have to do that in the end, thanks for the advice. Still kinda bummed that photo app isn't smart enough to organize by file name.
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    hmm, I guess I'll have to do that in the end, thanks for the advice. Still kinda bummed that photo app isn't smart enough to organize by file name.
    I have the same problem. Another "unfinished/untested" app on the WebOS...
    So does no one have any idea how to modify the picture viewer to not show pictures in a random order? What if I want to show pictures of a trip in order -- nothing?

I actually want this mainly for reading comics too. However, at the moment, ComicShelf HD is not the answer. Comics when viewed with ComicShelf HD are distinctly more jagged than when viewed in the picture viewer.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Put them in a standard cbr/cbz file. Install Comic Shelf from the app catalog. Its a $2 app but totally worth every cent. Add files via USB to directory per app directions. Read/Enjoy.

Does Comic Shelf or any other app allow one to browse to a NAS share on a local network where the .cbr files are stored? What a pain to have to load up .cbr files to local storage on the TP.

(To be fair, I have not found anything to do this on my iPad either, I had hoped that the TP would have the ability to browse NAS/SMB shares)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    I have the same problem. Another "unfinished/untested" app on the WebOS...
    Really? Most readers I know prefer cbr/cbz files.