Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if one is able to load up purchased apps across two TouchPads similar to the process on iOS on the iPad?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'll let you know when my second one arrives this week
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It works. I bought a 2nd TP for my wife (for $99) last weekend and added it to my existing profile. All purchased apps were installed on the new one just fine.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    excellent
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    It works. I bought a 2nd TP for my wife (for $99) last weekend and added it to my existing profile. All purchased apps were installed on the new one just fine.
    So, if you sign into the same profile you can still set up the email app for independent email accounts, right?

Also, there is a chance that I don't remember my palm profile login information. I *think* I know it but I only used it on the day I got it - launch day 2009 - and the Sprint sales person was 'helping' me with it. I was giddy with getting the pre so I probably didn't pay as much attention as I should have

Is there some place I can retrieve this info so I can use it to sign into on the TP?
    The 2nd one will by default, install all the same e-mail settings, but they I think you can probably change them manually.

However, someone told me earlier today on another thread that you can only have one device of each type (phone / tablet) on a profile so let us know how it goes here. I did an exchange last week for a crack in the housing and I know it allowed me to have two on the profile for at least a few hours until I wiped the old one to send back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    The 2nd one will by default, install all the same e-mail settings, but they I think you can probably change them manually.

However, someone told me earlier today on another thread that you can only have one device of each type (phone / tablet) on a profile so let us know how it goes here. I did an exchange last week for a crack in the housing and I know it allowed me to have two on the profile for at least a few hours until I wiped the old one to send back.
    Whoever said that is wrong, I've got two TouchPads on my profile. They won't sync after they're setup, so I'm not sure how an app purchase on one would transfer to the other - I haven't tried playing with that yet.