1.    #1  
    I was lucky and was able to snag a touchpad during this weekends firesale.

I have been trying to find out if these are shipping with an "office suite" of programs. I did notice that when they were released they didnt have any programs, and was wondering if that changed.

Also I have read a couple things stating the touchpad has issues with excel or spread sheet style programs. IS this correct?

If its still not shipping with office, is there an office packaged recommended? Specifically a word processing and spread sheet program?

thanks folks.
    Howdy,
    If you don't mind homebrewing, you could install Xecutah, Serve and Xterm, then install either LibreOffice or OpenOffice and run it from LInux.
    Do a search for Xecutah and that should lead the way.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quickoffice was said to be near to having a suite ready to go, right now there is only the viewer for office files. I have never heard any rumor that webOS has issues with excel or spreadsheets, other than the general lack of native editing options.

I've used google docs for word processing, and it works all right - but you have to have a wifi connection for that.

I'm hoping Quickoffice will release their product anyway, assuming it was as close to completion as some speculated. I wouldn't mind if they charged for it (initially it was supposed to be a free update to TouchPad owners).

There are some guys around here looking at getting something like libre office working along with some other things (like AbiWord). Search the forums and you'll find the posts.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Quickoffice ships with Touchpad, it is currently only a viewer (so no editing). It works well. An update was supposed to come out soon with editing enabled (for free).
  5.    #5  
    Great thanks for all the info guys.

I specifically want something I can use to take notes, and it be always nice to edit excel if need be.

Perhaps I should track down a cheap blue tooth keyboard.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I don't have it but have heard TapNote is pretty nice for notes. In app market.
    Make sure to check out this thread and let Picsel know you are still interested in them developing SmartOffice.

Link -> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...artoffice.html
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    If it's just for note-taking, you can use online services like Google Docs. The premise is that you need WiFi to access it.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Howdy,
    If you don't mind homebrewing, you could install Xecutah, Serve and Xterm, then install either LibreOffice or OpenOffice and run it from LInux.
    Do a search for Xecutah and that should lead the way.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    so I installed xecutah,xserve,and xterm. What would be the next step for openoffice?