Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bacstar
  1.    #1  
    Not too long ago--before hell broke loose--there was an article on PC that talked about how one developer's sales saw a peak the month the TouchPad was released.

I'm not sure how confidential this kind of information is to developers, but I think I speak for many people here when I say that'd I'd really like to see developer's sales graphs from now on to see if the new user-base is really doing anything to increase app sales.

I mainly would like to see this info since it is truly one of the only ways we can know how app sales are being affected across the app catalog, and a graph of at least one app would probably reflect the trend the whole catalog is seeing. I ask this out of curiosity and concern, since webOS's future is unsure. Seeing good sales would surely bring more confidence to developers who are now unsure about the operating system.

If you're a developer and don't mind showing the community a chart of your sales we'd greatly appreciate it. If it's too confidential for you to share it's all good, I wanted to ask just in case since I haven't seen anyone else asking, and I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.

Good luck to all webOS developers out there, and thank you for keeping the platform alive for the time being, you are truly the ones that keep us going.
    Last edited by Titano; 08/22/2011 at 12:15 AM.
    That developer probably saw those numbers because his app became a featured app. In fact, it should still be on top of the featured apps list.

I won't get into specifics, but I have one app which earlier this year was averaging 10-15 daily downloads. That steadily climbed to around 30 as the Touchpad reached more hands.

It jumped to 90 dowloads on Saturday and over 500 downloads on Sunday. Just so far today it has over 100 downloads.

Yeah, people are buying Touchpads, and getting apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    That developer probably saw those numbers because his app became a featured app. In fact, it should still be on top of the featured apps list.

I won't get into specifics, but I have one app which earlier this year was averaging 10-15 daily downloads. That steadily climbed to around 30 as the Touchpad reached more hands.

It jumped to 90 dowloads on Saturday and over 500 downloads on Sunday. Just so far today it has over 100 downloads.

Yeah, people are buying Touchpads, and getting apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

A lot of people have to wait on shipping(Me) or reselling(bloodsuckers jk) of the TP as well. So the numbers should increase as the week goes on.
    plus the device hasnt even been out for 2 months and weve had this shocker news making a weird impact on both users and devs, the app market needs time to get somewhere, time HP never gave the users or the devs.

Hope fully the new userbase will be understanding of these facts, the Touchpad isnt the ipad, it has no history of apps, its started from nothing and building up slowly, there was never an army of HP coders making tons of apps, its mostly just the type of lads you see in here selling their wares.

time......we just need some now the hardwares here, theres devs, and now a weird injection of users hungry for apps.
    Let's say there are 750k TP's out there now, and a dev finally releases a full document suite. Being the only one available and most of these users will want that program, the sales advantage this dev will have? Ka-ching...
    dwightshrute likes this.