webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Teleprompter for TP?
Teleprompter for TP?
Like Tree7Likes

Old 10/17/2011, 02:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yep, there's no word-wrap yet, so you'll have to add carriage returns to the text - work out the rough maximum number of text characters and use that. BTW that was one of the other things I'd forgotten in the post above. I'll add it soon.

[EDIT] DONE! That was easier than I expected! It does cut words up, but I hope to fix that later.

But it obviously worked - it loaded in your text file and displayed what it could!

Last edited by iprice; 10/17/2011 at 03:15 PM.
iprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jake2600 likes this.
Thanked By: jake2600
Old 10/19/2011, 06:02 AM   #42 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Here is a new WIP -

Now includes -
- reversible/mirrored text at the touch of a button.
- smaller main filesize (less than half original size!).
- one less controller button ("Pause" was always incorporated in "Play" anyway)
- better word-wrapping

[EDIT] I've added a half-size screenshot - see attachment. Looks very boring, but it does quite a bit and it's easy to use.
Attached Images
File Type: png touchprompt.PNG (37.3 KB, 44 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by iprice; 10/23/2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added a screenshot
iprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 05:25 AM   #43 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

New update -

Includes a VERY, VERY, VERY basic first try at a file selector. This will allow you to display about 10 files (others will be off screen and not selectable). Just touch the required file to load and display instantly. There is no exit to return to select screen so you will have to exit the app. I might add a small preview screen, depending on feedback and time.

I've also got a new icon for the app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip touchprompt_demo.zip (813.7 KB, 43 views) Email Attachment
Thanked by gubbord, jake2600
Old 10/23/2011, 03:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The silence here is deafening. Am I just wasting my time? I didn't/don't expect mass appeal/interest but people did actually request this app.
Old 10/24/2011, 06:20 AM   #45 (permalink)

sorry about that iprice work swallowed my free time lately, I really do appreciate this app being built so thanks.
jake2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 08:40 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iprice View Post
New update -

Includes a VERY, VERY, VERY basic first try at a file selector. This will allow you to display about 10 files (others will be off screen and not selectable). Just touch the required file to load and display instantly. There is no exit to return to select screen so you will have to exit the app. I might add a small preview screen, depending on feedback and time.

I've also got a new icon for the app.
Will this work w any device with enyo, or just the Touchpad.. ?

Also any direct link to ipk?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

follow me on twitter or Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 08:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

This was designed specifically for the TouchPad. It should work on any Pre device, but the icons and text would be off of the screen due to the TP's larger screen resolution. Not sure of it's value on smaller devices though, unless you have another reason for using it.

The .IPK is in the attachment above
Old 11/02/2011, 07:30 PM   #48 (permalink)

I got a chance to play with touchprompt, I like it! where are the files for the teleprompter stored (in the touchprompt folder by default I presume?)
jake2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 12:05 AM   #49 (permalink)

I just got the time to try this out. When I try to launch it, it always closes immediately. Any ideas what I did wrong?
Chris_v000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 01:41 AM   #50 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Chris_v000 - you need to make sure that you've created a "TouchPrompt" (no quotes) directory on the TouchPad. If the program can't find this directory it will close. The software will ONLY read from this directory; this ensures that all of your files are in the one place - less confusing for you and the software and it makes it easier for me too.

The full version will make this directory automagically, but for now you've got to do it yourself. You can place any text file into the directory though and it should work just fine.

See this post - http://forums.precentral.net/3203184-post25.html for full details.
Old 11/21/2011, 09:27 PM   #51 (permalink)

this looks great will try it out
rlhaithcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2012, 04:31 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ok so i like it so far, and maybe i just can't figure out how to convert my documents to .txt right, but i keep getting word overlay, like words on top of other words. I don't know if iprice is still working on this or now or if someone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
adamthegreat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 09:15 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamthegreat91 View Post
Ok so i like it so far, and maybe i just can't figure out how to convert my documents to .txt right, but i keep getting word overlay, like words on top of other words. I don't know if iprice is still working on this or now or if someone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
First off, thanks so much for developing this app! I thought I would have to put android on my touchpad to get a teleprompter to run on it.
I have touchprompt up and running on my touchpad. I am also encountering the text over text issue. I can eliminate that by putting returns in the text file on my pc and then reloading the file into the touchprompt directory on the touchpad, but word wrapping with leading (line spacing) would be more awesome. I usually get scripts at the last minute and have little time to fix them up for readability.
Does this app have bluetooth keyboard control capability? My telepromter setup shakes the camera if I have to touch the touchpad to control it.
Thanks again man, this is great.
Fritz
fritz schantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
teleprompter

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0