Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sorry If this has been asked before, But I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I downloaded a few programs on my pc and transferred it to the touch-pad through my windows file explorer.
    I created a directory on the base drive listed, But I cant seem to be able to access the files. when I used android I used astro file manager and was able to run them and install them with that program is there something like that for web os?

Also Is there a good e reader program out there I love the way the kindle shows a page turning I know kinda Cheesy but cool.

lastly is there a issue with glare with unit using it outside? should I invest in a anti glare screen protector
    Uh, what programs are you trying to install from a download? To install, you either need to use the app catalog or Preware (or Internalz Pro, for which you also need preware. . .) If you have downloaded an *.ipk file, you'll still need one of the latter two programs to install it. . . Look for WebOS Quick Installer.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I downloaded a few apps on the internet .......can I just use the HP market to search for these programs or do I need to download them somewhere else?
    and can you recommend a good reader program it would mainly need to use pdf but I have allot of lot of lot files too
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ok I found the apps you talked about but when I try to download them it tells me I must register, but I am already registered. I can post but not download and when I try to log in with the app screen it just gives me the loop of a logon screen again...arrrgh
    In order to purchase apps from the App Catalog, you have to enter a CC.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    figured out the do, but need a program like Astor file manager thats free
    Last edited by grifter77; 08/22/2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    every time I try to open a file it tells me it can not open mime type
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    mooohaha I figured out how to install prepare and internalz