Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Setup my TP to display Accuweather in Exhibition mode. Strange bug though - in exhibition mode it displays temp in degrees F instead of degrees C.
    I had configured the app for C and that's what shows when I run the app directly.

Also, when I exit exhibition mode I can no longer run the app directly and I need to do a cold reset before I can run Accuweather again :-(

anyone else had these problems and (hopefully) found a resolution???

cheers
    Phil
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I have some of those problems. I get F and not C, but it never updates. So if it comes on at 7 in the morning when it is 70 degrees outside, it will remain at 70 at 2pm when it is 90 degrees in Atlanta.
    I too have the problem where the app won't run after exhibition. I press on the icon and see the touch recognition, but nothing happens. I also found that when I deleted default locations, it would shut down the app every time I deleted one.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    There is a support email address listed on the app. I sent a note and received a response within a few minutes...

"We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing. Rest assured, our technicians are actively working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Keep in mind that most of the additions and improvements that we make to our products are due to user comments and demand, so please continue to provide any feedback that may help us to improve."
  4.    #4  
    ah nice. thanks for the update Lougw
    I used it for the first time last night.
    How do you get it to automatically update in exhibition mode?
    If my wifi is on, wouldn't it check for updates during the night?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I used it for the first time last night.
    How do you get it to automatically update in exhibition mode?
    If my wifi is on, wouldn't it check for updates during the night?
    Wish I knew the answer to this but it doesn't appear to be the case.

I've been able to force updates by switching to another exhibition mode and back, but that's about it.
    I have he same issue. I will kindly email them to add some heat to the fire

EDIT: Response in 4 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by AccuWeather Customer Service Department
    Hello,

We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing. Rest assured, our technicians are actively working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Keep in mind that most of the additions and improvements that we make to our products are due to user comments and demand, so please continue to provide any feedback that may help us to improve.

Aimee
    AccuWeather Customer Service Department
    Last edited by philpeeps; 08/26/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Can you post the email? I'll write them too, the more the merrier
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I experience same issues. The F/C issue I fixed myself by hacking in the code. The app not running issue can only be worked around by deselecting accuweather in the exhibition settings. I can live with the not update issue. The code also revealed that exhibition mode may have animations in the future.
    Hello,

Thank you for using AccuWeather.com.

We are aware of the Exhibition Mode problems that you are experiencing and are actively working on a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Eric
    AccuWeather Customer Service
    Received within 10 minutes - either AccuWeather support is insanely fast or this is actually an automated reply...
    I can't get my Accuweather to update itself in Exhibition Mode. The whole point of having an Accuweather Exhibition is to give up-to-date info. Is there not some setting to get it to update every hour or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I can't get my Accuweather to update itself in Exhibition Mode. The whole point of having an Accuweather Exhibition is to give up-to-date info. Is there not some setting to get it to update every hour or so?
    No, it a bug in the program
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Where do you go to change the settings on this app?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I experience same issues. The F/C issue I fixed myself by hacking in the code. The app not running issue can only be worked around by deselecting accuweather in the exhibition settings. I can live with the not update issue. The code also revealed that exhibition mode may have animations in the future.
    Hi spud, care to share the code hack with us metric folk?
    Thanks in advance!
    I found the problem, use Internalz Pro to navigate down to this folder:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.accuweather/app/views

Then open Exhibition.jsjsjs $and$ $make$ $the$ $following$ $changes$:

this.$.temperature.setContent(units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(current["temperature"]) + "°");

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[0].hightemperature) + "° / " +

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[1].hightemperature) + "° / " +

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[2].hightemperature) + "° / " +
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    I found the problem, use Internalz Pro to navigate down to this folder:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.accuweather/app/views

Then open Exhibition.jsjsjs $and$ $make$ $the$ $following$ $changes$:

this.$.temperature.setContent(units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(current["temperature"]) + "°");

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[0].hightemperature) + "° / " +

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[1].hightemperature) + "° / " +

temperatureString = units.temperatureFromStringWithUnit(forecast[2].hightemperature) + "° / " +
    Ok..firstly thanks for providing this...I'm also having this problem where Accuweather in Exhibition mode will not display in Celsius...

would like to apply this fix, only thing is code like that above tends to send my brain into meltdown...

Can someone please confirm...after I've opened the exhibition.jsjsjs $file$...$do$ $I$ $simply$ $find$ $the$ $lines$ $that$ $start$ $with$ $these$ $same$ $phrases$...$delete$ $them$...$and$ $replace$ $with$ $exactly$ $what$ $is$ $written$ $above$...$ie$ $copy$ $and$ $paste$ $in$ $the$ $exact$ $same$ $syntax$?

Thanks for clarification on this.

PS If this is so simple...how come accuweather's technicians don't just release an update that changes this line of code?
    I've had a variety of problems with Accuweather in Exhibition mode, including the experience that I sometimes have to do a cold reset after exiting Accuweather in Exhibition mode in order to run Accuweather outside of Exhibition mode.

Right now I'm writing to see if anyone can tell me how to keep Accuweather displaying all the time (i.e., no time outs or return to Exhibition Mode clock). I have not been able to find any options so that all I get is Accuweather, all the time, in Exhibition mode. Is it possible?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Setup a Chrontab to restart webOS on the hour. This will update AccuWeather in Exhibition mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by brinich View Post
    I've had a variety of problems with Accuweather in Exhibition mode, including the experience that I sometimes have to do a cold reset after exiting Accuweather in Exhibition mode in order to run Accuweather outside of Exhibition mode.
    I have sent a note to the developers about this issue via the App Catalog. Based on the reviews, lots of people have.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have removed Accuweather from Exhibition since it will even stop the clock from working if switch back and forth from the two apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast