1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I once again have a webOS device thanks to the touchpad liquidation, but unfortunately, I need to find new apps since phone apps aren't ideal for the touchpad. (for anyone wondering, I was a day"1" (august 27th 2009) canadian pre- owner. I went 4 months without a working microphone, and 4 months without a phone period, until I gave up on the pre 3, and bought a nexus s. And I can't stress how much I'd missed webOS' multitasking, and notifications.)

Anyways, here are the apps I'm looking for:

1)a good simple fast google reader app. I don't want one with a fancy layout, just a simple list would be best. Offline reading would be appreciated, but far from needed.

2) a podcast manager. I don't need anything too fancy.

3) a good rss feed that doesn't connect to google reader. (the touchpad doesn't have apps for all the news sites I go to. ) Offline reading would be appreciated, but again, not needed.

4) other recommendations would be appreciated. (I've already read the precentral article. Not sure about glimpse though, the reviews don't seem to be the best.)

also, anyone else bothered by all the phone apps being on the same page as the touchpad apps? wouldn't it be nice if there was a tab in the launcher titled "phone apps"? is it possible to somehow add another page to the launcher?

also, is there a way to get bookmarks to display when I open the browser like the pre did?

Thanks. And this by far the best 150 I've ever spent. Tablets were out of my reach (a luxury, and I'm a student.) and It got me another webOS device. (android still frustrates me, I've yet to get used to it. Had the phone for a month, maybe I needs more time.)

edit: Wooow! homebrew is still easy as 123.
    Last edited by nimer55; 08/21/2011 at 03:58 PM.
    What if I told you, you could have all of these and even more with Glimpse?
    When you say the 'reviews don't seem to be the best', I'm not sure what you mean. It's one of the highest rated apps in the catalog (95%+), featured on Precentral, webOSRoundup (as Top Pick) and ZDnet, what else can I do to convince you?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    What if I told you, you could have all of these and even more with Glimpse?
    When you say the 'reviews don't seem to be the best', I'm not sure what you mean. It's one of the highest rated apps in the catalog (95%+), featured on Precentral, webOSRoundup (as Top Pick) and ZDnet, what else can I do to convince you?
    hmm, you're right.. I guess I'm blind.
  4.    #4  
    glimpse has become my Twitter client. I like the ability to open the links without leaving the app. But I'm still looking for a decent reader. I have feeder, and tea reader, and I really wish I could combine them.
    spazHD will rock your world.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    glimpse has become my Twitter client. I like the ability to open the links without leaving the app. But I'm still looking for a decent reader. I have feeder, and tea reader, and I really wish I could combine them.
    Next version of Glimpse will have a google reader widget...