Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    New to the TP....

Is there an app out there that allows me to wirelessly transfer files to and from my TP using my home wireless network? I'm looking for something that will "scan" all my devices on my network and allow me to see "shared" folders.

TIA!
    no, you have to do it via USB. Sorry.
    or check out an app called Media Sync in the catalog.
    I am not aware of anything in the app department like that (I havent really looked) first check the app catalogue. if nothing there are ways of getting network drives onto the TP with some command line fun.
    UNPnP AV Player in the app catalog allows you to connect and transfer files from a UNPnP server directly to your TouchPad. It's fantastic.
    Last edited by Crowza; 08/21/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It doesn't work in the sense that you see shared folders but you add the app to any computer on your network that you want to access and the TP will see all attached drives and files on that computer.

TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Quote Originally Posted by skrapmi View Post
    It doesn't work in the sense that you see shared folders but you add the app to any computer on your network that you want to access and the TP will see all attached drives and files on that computer.

TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    TB Transfer works really great. I have it running on my home server. But WiFi Media Sync also works very well for syncing photos and music. Much better than something like HPPlay Beta which requires USB. Both are wireless. WiFi MS runs in an emulator window (may still be an HD version on the way) but works fine that way. Both are indispensable to me!
    box.net or dropbox, you can setup network folders or map a network drive.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runner77 View Post
    New to the TP....

Is there an app out there that allows me to wirelessly transfer files to and from my TP using my home wireless network? I'm looking for something that will "scan" all my devices on my network and allow me to see "shared" folders.

TIA!
    Yes. There's an app on Preware for this. First you have to install preware...do that and come back It's called TPTransfer.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I bought 2 in the firesale, won't be here for a few days.
    Is there an easy way to send files from one pad to the other?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Yes. There's an app on Preware for this. First you have to install preware...do that and come back It's called TPTransfer.
    Already got Preware installed (first thing I did when I got it home).
    I had an original Pre for over a year so I'm very familiar with Jason's Preware and the great Homebrew apps.

I was just hoping to find a way to get the TP to join my home network and not have to put software on my other devices. I have a WD Live Home Media Hub so I can't put MediaSync or TBtranfer software on it. So far the best thing I've found to transfer movies from it is UPnP BHomePro. With that, I can at least get it over to the TP and then watch the movies with KalemSoft Media Player.

Curious why the TP just doesn't show up on the home network once its connected to my router? My two android phones can do it with no problem. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make a file explorer that could accomplish that.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    There is a way to mount cifs shares using uberkernel. I haven't done it yet, but there is a thread around here somewhere....

Edit: here it is: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    There is a way to mount cifs shares using uberkernel. I haven't done it yet, but there is a thread around here somewhere....

Edit: here it is: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
    Thank you for the information!! Sounds like a lot of work to get this setup but at least its a starting point. Hopefully Jason will get this working on his Internalz file explorer in the near future.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    There were apps in the works to make the process way easier, but their future is very unsure now, given the death of webOS.