1.    #1  
    once you "open" a file on your touchpad, where does it actually go? i thought this would stream my music, but instead it downloads it, right? the songs i opened are now on my music player and i don't want them permanently on my touchpad. am i missing something? how could we have 50 gigs on box.net if the most we can ever have on the touchpad is 32 gigs?
    Box.net is a cloud storage site, not a streaming one.

<<thread moved>>
  3.    #3  
    good to know, i'm not sure why i always thought it was streaming. now that it's been covered, where do the downloaded files go to and how do i get rid of them?
    Just connect the TP to your PC and use the usb option. Then open the disk and you should be able to see downloads right away. If anything they'd be in a folder named downloads or box.net or something.

I've done this before, it's not too difficult to find where it saves them. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    good to know, i'm not sure why i always thought it was streaming. now that it's been covered, where do the downloaded files go to and how do i get rid of them?
    Use a file manager either Gemini or Internalz to handle files when you're away from a PC. These are must-have apps for the TP, they make it function closer to a laptop.
    I made a guide to download files from box.net, that should effectively cut the cord to your pc.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    How long do you get the 50gb for free?
  7.    #7  
    I'm pretty sure lifetime.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    once you "open" a file on your touchpad, where does it actually go?
    As Newman said, it's cloud storage. Depending on the type of file you open determines the location saved on the TPad. Pics will be found in the Photos app. Documents in QuickOffice. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    How long do you get the 50gb for free?
    It was a "free for life" offer. I'm not sure if anything has changed recently.
    Oh wow that is VERY impressive. I know there is some sort of filesize limitation but still... 50gb of cloud storage for life! Thats worth the $100 purchase price of the tablet right there!

This is a great great bonus!