1.    #1  
    Hey all, just nabbed a 32GB touchpad as im sure many people have recently lol. Currently i have a 7" Dell streak tablet and im trying to decide between the two. The hardware on the Touchpad is better then my steak for sure but there are 2 apps on my streak that are important to me and i was wondering if something exisisted for the Touchpad

1. Full real GPS software - My streak 7 is wifi only but i was able to buy some GPS software that downloads all the maps to the device and then functions just like any real GPS software at that point, there are a few out for android buti havent seen any for WebOS yet, are there any?

2. Google voice integration - I found a nice app called Groove IP on android that ties into my google voice account and i can very easily make phone calls from my tablet now and was wondering if there was anything like that for my touchpad. Tried the mobile google voice website but it wouldnt work
    Short answer is no.

Longer is that the only GPS app is nDrive and that's only on phones. Also, the TouchPad does not have a built-in GPS like a lot of Android tablets do.

There have been attempts at Google Voice apps but because Google has some odd setup for the GV apis I guess, no one has really been able to get something reliable made.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, i didnt realize it did not have a GPS sensor, i just assumed pretty much all the tablets did at this point.

Thats too bad about the google voice app or lack there of, Groove IP which i use on android has worked really well for me, too bad they wont port it over

Either way this is great for web surfing, email etc and at $135 for my 32GB i sure cant complain lol.

Thanks for your reply
    If it has no GPS, then how come it always knows where I am? Even the weather apps locate me based on "GPS"

Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    If it has no GPS, then how come it always knows where I am? Even the weather apps locate me based on "GPS"

its not basing you off of GPS. its basing you off of IP address which gets you closer then gps.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post
    2. Google voice integration - I found a nice app called Groove IP on android that ties into my google voice account and i can very easily make phone calls from my tablet now and was wondering if there was anything like that for my touchpad. Tried the mobile google voice website but it wouldnt work
    No, not yet, but there's a Google Voice app for SMS - GV Text.
    Map stock app is good to give you route informations along with traffic. I think it's the closer functional stuff you'll find to replace your gps app on the TP. No offline mapping though. I know some new app has been released for phones that does offline mapping, don't remember the name, though you can make it work on TP through mojo emulator.

For calls you have skype integrated into the os. Just setup your account in the TP prefs. Again, closest functionality to your Google Voice app...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by benny92lx View Post
    its not basing you off of GPS. its basing you off of IP address which gets you closer then gps.
    Actually, it uses Wi-Fi triangulation which uses the access point's MAC addresses.
    Install Preware and then download and install Ndrive.