Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
Like Tree9Likes
  1. #21  
    WebOS is as alive as the people using it. People will use it that like it and those that love it will keep it alive.

    I have WebOS on my Phone, Tablet and Mac. I have HP printers and my EcoSystem is complete. I can sustain it from here.

    For those of you who say WebOS is dead, bye!
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Because the modern computer market moves fast. The TP is already obsolete. Do you honestly think that there will be much more software support? That is a foolhardy belief.
    I don't know about you, but I personally have not needed a single bit of support from HP, plus I can do everything I want/need to with my TP. I have not used my Mac Pro since I bought the TP.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  3. #23  
    If they continue supporting webos software side, don't you think that TP and webos phones users are perfect guinea pigs? If they really don't give up on Webos, I'm confident they'll use us to improve it.

    Otherwise they're just useless fools who really don't know how to deal with consumers market.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  4. #24  
    I bit for the 32gb, and the HP site sold about 17,000 tonight according to what a few people said who talked to CS reps about their orders. I think many would pay $5 do have document editing. I might have a use for webOS yet if editing finally hits, 2 years too late. Give me a sugarsync app, and I'd be set.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5. #25  
    I was told by an HP sales person that the WebOS version we currently have is the last one we will have and the only apps released will be by freelance producers.
  6. #26  
    For some reason I don't think he knows the full story. Maybe the immediate one, but the whole fire sale along with the talk of licensing just seems like they want to infiltrate the market with as much webOS product as possible. Take the up front hint on the hardware and hope the influx of users generates some interest on the developer side and then hopefully the mfg side to license and create new hardware. So I'd imagine we're probably on our own until that happens, if that happens.

    And I'd bug quickoffice about fulfilling their written promise since the HP sales person has zero to do with their decision to finish it or not.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7. #27  
    Guys, remember to go here:
    Quickoffice Quickoffice for webOS

    and fill out your email so that both you will know when it is released and quickoffice will know there's a growing demand.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    THEY are not dumping the OS, so we will still be getting WebOS updates, why does everyone think webOS is dead when HP announced they would not be making hardware. The OS is software not hardware.
    Because HP said so, means they will continue to support WebOS?!?

    Right, they'd never change their mind and drop support for WebOS without even a days notice.

    How exactly are they going to justify pouring money in a WebOS support department when they just stopped selling devices and scared off the few remaining developers for good?!?

    Come on guys wake up, this game is over.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    I actually had a chat with a HP Rep on webOS mobile chat support a few days ago and they had told me that the update was done.. It was awaiting final approval (tests to ensure compatibility).

    So the update may be the last HP will publish

    this would be very welcome news indeed !
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I bit for the 32gb, and the HP site sold about 17,000 tonight according to what a few people said who talked to CS reps about their orders. I think many would pay $5 do have document editing. I might have a use for webOS yet if editing finally hits, 2 years too late. Give me a sugarsync app, and I'd be set.
    doc editing is far more essential then the Audubon apps, if quick office decide to charge 14.99, I'll pay for it.
  11. #31  
    I think the fire sale will get about 100,000 plus new users. That's 100k new customers to buy apps which means revenue. What if HTC sees that webOS can get some legs, figures, what the heck, we can make a phone or two and see what happens. Now webOS has some great hardware worthy of the OS, people are intrigued to give it a shot, and who knows.... With Google getting in bed with Android, HTC (or another mfg) might feel a little slighted. Moto might be getting an advantage or two and HTC will leverage by developing with webOS.

    I've been very critical of both companies driving webOS into the ground, and it's a shame. It'd be nice to see it get a decent shot at succeeding. HTC excels in the two areas the other companies failed, hardware and marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Because HP said so, means they will continue to support WebOS?!?

    Right, they'd never change their mind and drop support for WebOS without even a days notice.

    How exactly are they going to justify pouring money in a WebOS support department when they just stopped selling devices and scared off the few remaining developers for good?!?

    Come on guys wake up, this game is over.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Because HP said so, means they will continue to support WebOS?!?

    Right, they'd never change their mind and drop support for WebOS without even a days notice.

    How exactly are they going to justify pouring money in a WebOS support department when they just stopped selling devices and scared off the few remaining developers for good?!?

    Come on guys wake up, this game is over.
    even though it's over to you there are now over 100,000 tp sold even @ $0.99 a dev can make more money on the side that is more than most people's paychecks. Everything is money driven, remember that. The smart ones know where money can be made. Also word gets out. Apple and google are already saturated with software devs. Many can use this as platform to catapult their career if not for hobby or pure love for webOS. Don't underestimate a small time dev, they can create alternative, a new, or even sometimes an even better solution.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    even though it's over to you there are now over 100,000 tp sold even @ $0.99 a dev can make more money on the side that is more than most people's paychecks. Everything is money driven, remember that. The smart ones know where money can be made. Also word gets out. Apple and google are already saturated with software devs. Many can use this as platform to catapult their career if not for hobby or pure love for webOS. Don't underestimate a small time dev, they can create alternative, a new, or even sometimes an even better solution.
    Let's say you're right and some small dev's believe as you do. You will never see big dev's with cool apps bother with WebOS especially since they have already been burned and are p|ssed off. It will be short lived and eventually that small burst of little dev's will die off.

    On the other hand I think you will see more people port their TP's to Android and be done with this crazy roller coaster ride and therefore leave the WebOS community. Once again those dev's will be screwed (now twice over) which is why I think I am still right.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Let's say you're right and some small dev's believe as you do. You will never see big dev's with cool apps bother with WebOS especially since they have already been burned and are p|ssed off. It will be short lived and eventually that small burst of little dev's will die off.

    On the other hand I think you will see more people port their TP's to Android and be done with this crazy roller coaster ride and therefore leave the WebOS community. Once again those dev's will be screwed (now twice over) which is why I think I am still right.
    Tiggr - Interactive Web and mobile HTML prototypes
    ( did have more bookmarked, must sort my BM's out, their a mess )

    ^ one of several sites around that can compile your code for multiple platforms instead of going tunnel vision on just 1.

    Why have your cake and eat it when you can have your cake, pie, trifle, pizza and whatever else you want at the same time, wash it down with some nice beer, have a giant satisfying fart then get some good sleep.

    Thigns like that will support devs and help keep webOS afloat while still raking in /$$ on ipad/droids.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Tiggr - Interactive Web and mobile HTML prototypes
    ( did have more bookmarked, must sort my BM's out, their a mess )

    ^ one of several sites around that can compile your code for multiple platforms instead of going tunnel vision on just 1.

    Why have your cake and eat it when you can have your cake, pie, trifle, pizza and whatever else you want at the same time.

    Thigns like that will support devs and help keep webOS afloat while still raking in /$$ on ipad/droids.
    If I was fighting your point I would have used:
    Turning the Big 1.0 - webOS App Development with PhoneGap | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

    But you're still grabbing at straws. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... It just doesn't matter anymore, nobody is interested in WebOS period. It's become a cancer and everyone has a bad taste left in their mouth.
  16. #36  
    If I remember correctly, some users saw editable version of QO preinstalled on Touchpad 64GB with radio.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If I was fighting your point I would have used:
    Turning the Big 1.0 - webOS App Development with PhoneGap | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

    But you're still grabbing at straws. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... It just doesn't matter anymore, nobody is interested in WebOS period. It's become a cancer and everyone has a bad taste left in their mouth.
    yeah but if your interested in say ipad and want your app on android then something like those still apply, only as a bonus you get webOS as well as your wanted ipad/droid.

    surely its still worth it in the end?
  18. #38  
    richard kerris just tweeted that word and excel editing is being tested and will be released very soon, like this week. PowerPoint coming later.
  19. #39  
    just posted this in another thread.. School starts this week. Crossing my fingers...
  20.    #40  
    That would be the most awesome news ever, that is the last thing I need my Touchpad to do that it doesn't do yet. Couldn't care less about Netflix.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions