Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday we got a perfect addition to our enterprise needs. HP has launched an free app which works perfectly. The implementation is easy and itīs integrated in the VPN menue of the top-bar.

I immediately bought Gemini File Manager but had to learn that it doesnīt support the access to our windows based file server yet. I hope that Gemini will work on that feature soon. It would be another huge step forward to make the Touchpad enterprise compatible.
    That's great to hear! Please call it the app catalog and not the "appstore"' we wouldn't want to get sued by the fruit company
    somline likes this.
    Is here anybody who can confirm that MS Chap v2 is working for him? I needed to change on server and on Touchpad to PAP to make it working and I don't know so far if I should search for the problem on Touchpad or on my Synology VPN server.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirlon View Post
    Yesterday we got a perfect addition to our enterprise needs. HP has launched an free app which works perfectly. The implementation is easy and itīs integrated in the VPN menue of the top-bar.
    Thanks for the heads up... That is good news!
    ........JC.........

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by milanroubal View Post
    Is here anybody who can confirm that MS Chap v2 is working for him? I needed to change on server and on Touchpad to PAP to make it working and I don't know so far if I should search for the problem on Touchpad or on my Synology VPN server.
    Yes, it works. Thereīs a choice between MS Chap and MS Chap v2. After deaktivating MS Chap it connects and works smooth.
    This is really exciting news. Next thing is RDP app.
    yeah, it works, so much easier than the openvpn service from preware!!

mschap 1&2 works for me, both are checked. Now I'll try to setup vpn with different dns adresses.

tnanks for the tips, I missed this app and dunno how ^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Does it support IPSec or PPTP only?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    What's the appid ?

com.palm.app.pptp or something?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    bah, had hope here but I cant get it to work. Cant get it to authenticate.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    downloaded this last night and got in working in under 5 min
    connecting to a microsoft VPN using PPTP

now if I just had an RDC port.. but I doubt I'll see that
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What's the appid ?

-- Rod
    Because Iīm not so used to linux file system I need a tip where to search in the file system, I couldnīt figure it out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What's the appid ?

-- Rod
    excelent guess, 100% correct
    Because Iīm not so used to linux file system I need a tip where to search in the file system, I couldnīt figure it out yet.
    look in installed packages in preware
    Sorry to be so blunt, but how do I gain access to the PPTP VPN app? I can't find anything in the app catalog. Is it part of the new software update that I haven't yet installed?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: never mind...I got my touchpad yesterday on the fire sale & hadn't done the OS update. Once that was done, the app became available in the catalog.
    Last edited by ISU_phoria; 08/21/2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Ahhhh, my dear beige Hewlett-Packard, always in its boring suit. VPN PPTP just rolls off the tongue.

I'm sure if another company was making a similar tool natively, they'd be calling it iTunnel or something. You know, give it a NAME, and not just an acronym.

(Of course this is neither here nor there.)
    I can't get it to authenticate for me either... We have a Watchguard XTM520 configured with PPTP to use RADIUS authentication using Windows 2003 IAS. Windows 7 and my iPad2 both authenticate fine to it, but not the Touchpad. Event Viewer simply states "User XXXXX was denied access" followed by:

Reason-Code = 16
    Reason = Authentication was not successful because an unknown user name or incorrect password was used.

The same username and password works with Windows XP, Windows 7, and the iPad2. If someone from HP's WebOS Development team is reading this - contact me and I'll help you work through this as best I can.

dcc
    Any IPSec love? PPTP is too insecure.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Any IPSec love? PPTP is too insecure.
    IPSec (VPNC) is actually implemented in the standard VPN service app in webOS 2.x. If webOS 3.x / the TouchPad has a "normal" VPN app as well, just look in there.
    Ah great to know. Thanks.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast