Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    It does have the VPNC option already on the Touchpad, as well as Cisco AnyConnect.

I somehow missed this in the catalog, thanks.
    Where can I get this app from. I need to configure PPTP on my touchpad and also some kind of rdp. pLEASE HELP
    How can i install that "perfect edition PPTP VPN to my touchpad?
    I cannot find this application either. I have been searching for it; I tried to use the redirect link (http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....palm.app.pptp), but it says my OS version is incompatible. I have a new HP TouchPad, 16GB, freshly updated to webOS 3.0.2. My webOS App Catalog app is also up to date. How do I proceed from here?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobelet View Post
    I cannot find this application either. I have been searching for it; I tried to use the redirect link (http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....palm.app.pptp), but it says my OS version is incompatible. I have a new HP TouchPad, 16GB, freshly updated to webOS 3.0.2. My webOS App Catalog app is also up to date. How do I proceed from here?
    I just start the app catalog and search for VPN. I tried it just now and it is there.

It works fine with my company's VPN servers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I ended up installing PreWare, OpenVPN, Xecutah, XServer, & XTerm. I configured OpenVPN to connect to my WatchGuard XTM 520 via SSL VPN instead using an XTerm session. It's a bit more cumbersome, but it works. There are only two of using it right now, so it is livable for now.

dcc
    Okay so I ended up resetting my tablet, and let the applications install again. I think it might had to do with me updating the App Catalog before the OS, or something. It worked, and I now have my PPTP VPN working on my tablet!
    I bought a couple of Touchpads in the fire sale, and was not familiar with their OS. I looked everywhere for PPTP VPN, including online and in this forum. I have now found what I wanted, and this is how.

First you absolutely need WebOS 3.0.2. Mine Touchpads were shipped with 3.0.0. and it took a long time to download and install the update, presumably because thousands of other new owners are trying to do the same thing this week.
    It worked for me in the small hours.

Then you need to download the latest update to the App Catalog.

Search the updated Catalog for PPTP and download and install the new PPTP VPN plugin. Note: it is not an "App" but a free modification by HP to the existing VPN App which came with the Touchpad. Installing this plugin (it takes a few seconds only) will mean that PPTP magically appears as a third option where previously only VPNC and Cisco were offered.

It works beautifully. I hope I have been clear.
    how do I set DNS for my VPN connection? None of my server names will resolve after connecting to my windows ras server over this pptp VPN connection.

thanks
    I'm in the U.S. and about to pay for StrongVPN, main reason to access the BBC iPlayer and radio stations.
    Will this App do the same thing?

Thanks.
    Not having any luck seeing this in the app catalog over here in Germany — I'm on a Pre 3. Can anyone confirm if it is available for the Pre?
    Ah, there we go, needs an https
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire....palm.app.pptp

According to the online app catalog this is only for 3.0.2 (aka TouchPad) — weak sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradbamford View Post
    how do I set DNS for my VPN connection? None of my server names will resolve after connecting to my windows ras server over this pptp VPN connection.

thanks
    I too am having this issue. My VPN connects just fine, but none of my local Intranet sites call up in the browser. Even if I add a domain.local after them, they just say failed to open page. However, if I connect locally at work to wifi, I can pull up these Intranet pages just fine with the .domain.local. What must I do to get DNS to work correctly here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm trying to connect to my home network using the PPTP plugin from my TouchPad. I have an E3000 router with Tomato USB firmware and I've configured PPTP on it using the instructions in the Tomato USB tutorials.

On a public WIFI network, I can connect to my home network without issues... When I go to whatsmyip.org, I get my router external IP address... However, after a few minutes, whatsmyip.org reports my IP adress as the public WIFI external IP address. I can still connect to my router thru it's internal IP address, but can't access any other computer on my home network.

On my TouchPad, the VPN setting specify to route all traffic thru the VPN... Obviously, it just works for a little while.

Anybody having similar issue?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12