1.    #1  
    I'm delighted to see PreCentral engaging in weekly app contests. At least the last three weeks there have been Touchpad app contests. I'm also delighted that developers have been willing to support the contests. The only question I have, is when and where are the results posted? At Crackberry they would both post the results in the blog and had a separate contests tab so that you could check if you missed a particular blog post. Am I just missing the posts (sometimes I miss things that are in obvious places) or is it some place that only old timers know? Thanks.
    All for One and One for All!
    I got an email saying I won the Weather HD app along with the code. If you win, you should just get an email. I know it's not quite the same as looking through a list though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrajew View Post
    I got an email saying I won the Weather HD app along with the code. If you win, you should just get an email. I know it's not quite the same as looking through a list though.
    This is correct. I won the WiFi Media Sync and received an email. However, I entered the Weather HD and never received an email, thus I assumed I didn't win.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. As I said, I am grateful both to the developers and Precentral for these contests, however I think they would help draw more readers to the blog by giving more exposure to the contests. If they posted the results on a different day of the week that they announce a different contest then more readers will know to watch the blog for more contests. Furthermore, it lets people know they won in case their email got caught in the spam filter.

I also think that this could actually potentially hurt developers as I know that I put off purchasing an app if I'm waiting to seen if I've won it for free. The announcement of winners would remind me that I can now purchase the app as I did not win. Granted I could do this myself' but why not remind people about an app and that they might want to purchase?
    All for One and One for All!
    This undoubtedly hurts developers, and it will as long as webOS marketshare remains small. The costs are too great for the returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    This undoubtedly hurts developers, and it will as long as webOS marketshare remains small. The costs are too great for the returns.
    I don't understand how this hurts developers. Are they not getting paid from Precentral for those who won? If so, isn't that minimal? I would say it would help developers since those who entered and did not win will probably buy the software since it peaked their interest to enter a contest. It made me purchase an app since I did not win.