1.    #1  
    Following observations:

1) Save a bookmark - Copy/Paste URL. Try to save 5 or more bookmarks one after another. Many times the app becomes unresponsive for several seconds or more. Not only this app becomes unresponsive, other apps as well. Can't open default web browser during this time as well as any other app.

2) Some of the bookmarks have some bogus text in the icon. So it is hard to know what are the bookmarks for till they are clicked

3) Open the Adv Browser app - It takes the full screen. Play a video in the browser. App still takes the full screen. Now play video in full screen mode. Now switch it back to the video within the browser. The size of the browser doesn't seem to cover the entire screen. Wifi/battery notification icons can be seen in the right corner and the left top corner shows advanced web browser with a pull down arrow button. Similar to what one sees with advanced html email app. HTML email always show the notification icons whereas adv browser only shows when switching back from the full screen mode

4) If there is no internet connection, the Adv browser takes eternity to open. No bookmarks are seen. Not the case with default stock browser. It opens and then if a webpage is requested it will say no (ethernet) connection. This would be a better way to alert user. Hope adv browser can do the same as default browser in such a case.

Has anybody experienced the above? Thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Following observations:

1) Save a bookmark - Copy/Paste URL. Try to save 5 or more bookmarks one after another. Many times the app becomes unresponsive for several seconds or more. Not only this app becomes unresponsive, other apps as well. Can't open default web browser during this time as well as any other app.

2) Some of the bookmarks have some bogus text in the icon. So it is hard to know what are the bookmarks for till they are clicked

3) Open the Adv Browser app - It takes the full screen. Play a video in the browser. App still takes the full screen. Now play video in full screen mode. Now switch it back to the video within the browser. The size of the browser doesn't seem to cover the entire screen. Wifi/battery notification icons can be seen in the right corner and the left top corner shows advanced web browser with a pull down arrow button. Similar to what one sees with advanced html email app. HTML email always show the notification icons whereas adv browser only shows when switching back from the full screen mode

4) If there is no internet connection, the Adv browser takes eternity to open. No bookmarks are seen. Not the case with default stock browser. It opens and then if a webpage is requested it will say no (ethernet) connection. This would be a better way to alert user. Hope adv browser can do the same as default browser in such a case.

Has anybody experienced the above? Thanks
    For 4), this may be proportional to the number of bookmarks saved. It seems that the app tries to connect to the bookmarked URLs and when it can't connect, it doesn't display any bookmarked icons.
  3.    #3  
    Very surprised that people haven't noticed the above. Thought that this app was fairly popular.
    I have noticed both 3 and 4. Just missed this thread.

Actually on 3 I noticed it once, but couldn't figure out what I did to make it do that. I only noticed because I got a notifications and was like wait the top bar is back.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the confirmation. I have informed the developer. Let's see what they find and if they can provide a fix.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    For 4), this may be proportional to the number of bookmarks saved. It seems that the app tries to connect to the bookmarked URLs and when it can't connect, it doesn't display any bookmarked icons.
    I hope the developer fix these issues. Things are so uncertain in some ways. You never know if the developer would work on the issues now that they know webos is in flux.

I hope there is a way for HP to hold back the amount from new sales of a particular app till the developer addresses issues that have been reported. Otherwise, an app can keep selling with these issues that may never get resolved. there has to be a commitment from the developer to support the app for some reasonable amount of time till the app is stable, delivers on its objectives, and no major pending issues.
    I hate when using the back arrow the page loads back at the top of the page. I browse forums and when I am at the bottom of the thread and I click a link, go back its back at the top of the page
    --Simon
    how do we get to the bottom of a webpage more quickly instead of scrolling down all the way using fingers?