webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Tunein Radio - Station Unsupported? Huh?
Tunein Radio - Station Unsupported? Huh?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HTCHeroUser

Old 08/16/2011, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Is anyone having problems trying to connect to TuneIN Radio?
The message, "Restricted by the Broadcaster" appears on my Presets list for some of my favorite stations. If I try to connect to that station, the Tunein Radio app then displays, "Station is currently unavailable or not supported by this device". Thanks
fmarcanojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
The message, "Restricted by the Broadcaster" appears on my Presets list for some of my favorite stations. If I try to connect to that station, the Tunein Radio app then displays, "Station is currently unavailable or not supported by this device". Thanks
I'm guessing these are stations owned by CBS. CBS has recently asked us to remove their stations from our listings. We're negotiating with them to try to get them back.

Doc
Old 08/16/2011, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
I'm guessing these are stations owned by CBS. CBS has recently asked us to remove their stations from our listings. We're negotiating with them to try to get them back.

Doc
ESPN and WFAN sports talk are the two stations I listen to daily.
fmarcanojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
ESPN and WFAN sports talk are the two stations I listen to daily.
WFAN is a CBS station, sadly. Which ESPN station? There are a lot of them.

Doc
Old 08/17/2011, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, that has happened to me, too. It is only the CBS affiliated stations. I appreciate the TuneIn efforts to bring back those stations onboard. Please keep me updated as to status/situation. Thanks.
HTCHeroUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by erykah likes this.
Old 08/17/2011, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Former Pre owner and now Android user here. (Yeah, I know...boo, hiss...) I googled the problem today and found this thread. Doc, please be persistent...the blocked CBS Radio stations are 75% of my TuneIn playlist!
Old 08/21/2011, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

ok i figure it out so i figured i would sign up for these forums and help you guys out. Yahoo Radio. wich is sponsored by CBS i used it today wfan everything else works to i searched it as Yahoo radio on android appz market it comes up as (Yahoo! Music Radio). hope this helps later.
z0d420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey guys!

Any of you getting an error message "is not a supported media stream" whenever you are trying to add a custom url for radio streaming?

How did you get it figured out? Please help.
DominDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominDis View Post
Hey guys!

Any of you getting an error message "is not a supported media stream" whenever you are trying to add a custom url for radio streaming?

How did you get it figured out? Please help.
I'm using a blackberry curve 8520 by the way. I forgot to say that.
DominDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

mentioning not working radio stn apps, has anyone else got Internet Radio HD Pro, mine now loops endlessly in a search and never finds a single thing.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Bloody eck. I'm primarily an iPhone user, and I went looking around the iTunes Store. Yahoo has a CBS specific app, but it crashes all the time. It shows the ads well though (insert eyeroll).
TheSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have been unable to get BBC Radio Scotland, although I can access their podcasts. Can anyone please do a search and see if they can get that?

Seems to work fine on my Droid X.
shhbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

DocLee,
Any updated on CBS and Tune-in. I am dying here not getting my morning fix of WFAN! I am having to resort to using the radio.com site on my ipad and its sooo flash ad heavy that it kills the audio stream lightness I loved about TuneIn. If CBS doesnt want to make a webOS app, why not just have them rebrand TuneIn as a CBS app for their CBS stations and let us enjoy our devices.

Love the Tune-in
Fester
FesterTreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2011, 02:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

I came across this same issue and discovered Stitcher. It's a free podcast app but also has live streaming of stations including WFAN. I still haven't figured out how to set the station into my favorites so every time I launch the app I have to search for WFAN. It's a bit annoying but at least I have WFAN now.
dki378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2014, 09:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

whyy public radio philadelphia suddenly not working via tune-in radio... It's not CBS...what happened?
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2014, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Also if you cant figure out the stream url there is an app called url helper. Download that to your pc and play the station and it will serve up the url for you
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tunein radio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0