Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this needs to be in touchPad forum or apps forum, but i thought i would ask here -

Has anyone tried attending a webinar on gotomeeting using their touchPad? This weekend I have a webinar that i need to attend, but i will be outside.. so was wondering if I could just take my touchPad and get on the webinar.
    unless it is playing flash, it is unlikely to work. I know it works with adobe connect, because that broadcasts the stream in flash.
  3.    #3  
    It works on flash. But on a PC, just like webEx or any other webcast services, we need to download some crap when you login for the very first time. Its been a long time since i did that on my laptop for the first time so i foorgot what it was - thats what i'm afraid is going to fail.
    Anyway, i will post my experience here when i try it over the weekend. I'll need my laptop for "just-in-case" scenario.
    There is a GoToMeeting app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Motorola Droid 3. Doubt if it will work until there is a WebOS version of their app.
  5.    #5  
    Well, Thanks for the reply. Yes, it did not work. I had a meeting link that i tried to click - it said unable to join the meeting. Possible reasons - Your OS is not supported, your browser is not supported.
    this is a huge loss for me.
    So, like all the other apps that are not yet available on TP or WebOS - we are left with trying to drum up support with the developers. "Keep those card and letters coming boys and girls and maybe you can convince the GoToMeeting folks to support WebOS!" Same applies to Audible.com and others.

I'm not concerned that WebOS does not have the raw number of Apps found on iPhone or Android. I'm more concerned that a small number of critical apps are missing. That is what will hold back adoption. Not having the 10,000 apps which each have an average user base of 10 users per app is just a marketing issue. Not having the 5-10 critical apps that large numbers of people use is an usability and adoption issue.
    The TouchPad has been out for less than 60 days. Give the apps time to come. Once the device starts showing developers there is indeed a growing market, you will see them jumping to port apps faster. Until that point, yes it never hurts to contact devs and companies directly to let them know people do want their stuff.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/14/2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The TouchPad has been out for less than 60 days. Give the apps time to come. Once the device starts showing developers there is indeed a growing market, you will see them jumping to port apps faster. Until that point, yes it never hurts to contact devs and companies directly to let them know people do want their stuff.
    Also, remember we just now have a (mostly) stable release and SDK (3.0.2) for the TouchPad so for developers that ran into problems with 3.0.0 are just now being able to finish their apps ...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/14/2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fixed typos in quoted text
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I use Mikogo, their latest version 4 has an option where a participant downloads nothing, simply logs in via a browser.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I know there will be a citrix tool for the touchpad but will either of the aforementioned solutions be supported w an app?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    LogMeIn has definitely gotten the message: touchpad – Topsy {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    LogMeIn has definitely gotten the message: touchpad – Topsy {Jonathan}
    Whats that? you mean msg was sent by those tweets? Or logmein is working on a tp version of the app?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    They got the message, and the folks at Palm said they're contacting LogMeIn. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    They got the message, and the folks at Palm said they're contacting LogMeIn. {Jonathan}
    cool, i just RT'ed anyway
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I know there will be a citrix tool for the touchpad but will either of the aforementioned solutions be supported w an app?
    I hadn't heard about a citrix tool...what about GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar? I'll search the forums in a second, but if anyone has any details...dotail! (do tell)
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Did iOS and Android have GoToMeeting within 60 days of product launch of their first tablets? I would guess not, so I too hope this will come soon. I think I'll 'chat' with Citrix about developing for webOS too.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

<<threads merged>>
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I use Mikogo, their latest version 4 has an option where a participant downloads nothing, simply logs in via a browser.
    If i'm the meeting initiator, then yes, i can choose anything that works for me! but msot of the time, I'm attending as a participant. I can't ask the organizer to choose a particular service based on my needs alone.
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    I tried Acrobat ConnectNow, thinking, "hey, it's flash!"... but alas no it doesn't work.
    With Cytrix on board, I would guess it's only a matter of time before we see more Cytrix tools for webOS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast