Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gharkay
  • 1 Post By chodaboy
  1.    #1  
    I have no desire to play farmville, smurfs, etc and I'm sick of seeing all the posts that so and so needs to milk their cow or tickle their smurf or whatever... so in the TP Facebook app, is there a way, like on regular old webpage facebook, to ignore all posts from certain apps?
    I've searched "ignore" and "facebook" in this and other precentral forums with no luck.

obviously, on web facebook there is the little "x" that shows up when you hover your mouse over someone's post (in top right corner) which lets you then ignore that person, or ignore that particular app....
    anything like that in the FB app on the TP? cuz if not, I HIGHLY recommend that as a patch, an update, or something. PLEASE.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I have no desire to play farmville, smurfs, etc and I'm sick of seeing all the posts that so and so needs to milk their cow or tickle their smurf or whatever... so in the TP Facebook app, is there a way, like on regular old webpage facebook, to ignore all posts from certain apps?
    I've searched "ignore" and "facebook" in this and other precentral forums with no luck.

obviously, on web facebook there is the little "x" that shows up when you hover your mouse over someone's post (in top right corner) which lets you then ignore that person, or ignore that particular app....
    anything like that in the FB app on the TP? cuz if not, I HIGHLY recommend that as a patch, an update, or something. PLEASE.
    I dealt with this issue once and for all by creating a list on Facebook of the friends whose updates I actually want to see. Then in the app I just choose that list and all the junk disappears.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Easier to just unfriend those who post dumb stuff about their Farm/Smurf/City or whatever ville they are into. Unfortunately some just have to stick around. I haven't seen the answer for this on the Touchpad. I feel like my FB app on the Pre- does filter them out the same way the browser version of FB works.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I'm just going to say: Google+ Circles.

Why more people aren't using it is beyond me. It's basically designed to customize what you want to see from whom. I started a new Facebook account a few years ago and only invited friends I cared about for this exact reason. And I don't accept invitations from anyone I don't care about. Groups are fine and so is blocking certain apps/games, but the problem is that those settings don't always translate well into Mobile platforms.
    You can block requests from the particular game itself when you're logged into Facebook on a computer so you never get them again...problem solved.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    You can block requests from the particular game itself when you're logged into Facebook on a computer so you never get them again...problem solved.
    I'm talking about the game status updates that your friends spam their feed with. You can hide it in Facebook using the web browser, but those settings don't always translate into Mobile Devices. Some of the clients/services/apps pick up all status updates regardless.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    I'm just going to say: Google+ Circles.

Why more people aren't using it is beyond me. It's basically designed to customize what you want to see from whom. I started a new Facebook account a few years ago and only invited friends I cared about for this exact reason. And I don't accept invitations from anyone I don't care about. Groups are fine and so is blocking certain apps/games, but the problem is that those settings don't always translate well into Mobile platforms.
    I think more people aren't using it because a) it's still invite-only, and b) Facebook is the established standard.

I might also point out that I believe you can block all apps at once on Facebook from within the preferences.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    SkindancerAng likes this.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I think more people aren't using it because a) it's still invite-only, and b) Facebook is the established standard.

I might also point out that I believe you can block all apps at once on Facebook from within the preferences.
    Please see my post above about not all mobile apps adhering to blocked content settings.

Also, many of the mobile apps simply don't support groups, so there's no way to weed out the people you don't want to see, complicating matters further.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Please see my post above about not all mobile apps adhering to blocked content settings.

Also, many of the mobile apps simply don't support groups, so there's no way to weed out the people you don't want to see, complicating matters further.
    Given the context of this forum, I meant for my comment to apply to the TouchPad Facebook app. I was actually replying go the OP, but I guess I didn't make that very clear.
    I'm talking about the game status updates that your friends spam their feed with. You can hide it in Facebook using the web browser, but those settings don't always translate into Mobile Devices. Some of the clients/services/apps pick up all status updates regardless.
    If that's the case, the only solution I can think of is if you only care about status updates to set the Facebook app to filter to that. Unfortunately, the stock app doesn't really get much into customization; though I've had the same problem when I was using Android for a couple months.

I wish we had a good alternative Facebook app because developers tend to add the features most people care about.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post

I have been searching for an answer to this exact problem. No need to debate which social networking site is best, or who or how I should "friend". I need to know how to block this unwanted content on my TouchPad with the Facebook app like I can with the Facebook website.
    etphoto likes this.
    I too have been looking into this. We need a WebOS update for the FB app maybe. Seems like its been awhile.
    I would love to see an update for the FB app for this reason as well. Its so darn annoying!