Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    How do those of us, for whom the software manager does not report any updates even when run manually, update to the new version of the app catalog? Normally when I restart the TouchPad the software manager will show a notification that there are available updates. But even after restarting a couple of times, the Software Manager is not reporting any available updates. Although, in any case updating from the notification never works either and the only way I have been able to update apps so far is from within the 'App catalog' itself. But considering that the 'App catalog' does not list itself, how do we now get the updated 'App catalog'? Are we stuck with the older version of the App catalog? Could someone post an IPK of the new app catalog? Is that even possible and or permissable by HP? I would think it should be ok, since it is a free app and no miodifications are being made to it.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    For those who haven't been able to see the update, I would suggest going into the Software Manager and looking at the HP App Catalog and check what version you have listed. The version that you need to see is 5.0.14.00. If you have this version, you have the update already.

I myself checked multiple times and even searched the app catalog itself with no luck. I then just decided to try and see if preview worked, and guess what? It did work.

Now, I have not run the software manager to check for updates in quite some time, and neither did I select to update anything from any notifications recently.

So, while I can not say this is everyone's solution, it doesn't hurt to check your installed version already!

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrellik View Post
    For those who haven't been able to see the update, I would suggest going into the Software Manager and looking at the HP App Catalog and check what version you have listed. The version that you need to see is 5.0.14.00. If you have this version, you have the update already.

I myself checked multiple times and even searched the app catalog itself with no luck. I then just decided to try and see if preview worked, and guess what? It did work.

Now, I have not run the software manager to check for updates in quite some time, and neither did I select to update anything from any notifications recently.

So, while I can not say this is everyone's solution, it doesn't hurt to check your installed version already!

cheers
    Thank you. You are right, I just checked and lo & behold I have v5.0.14.00 installed with the preview screenshots feature working. Apparently it seems that the update to the 'App Catalog' gets pushed automatically. Infact, now that I think of it, even the last 'app catalog' update got automatically pushed to my TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    wasn't auto for me, just went to the App manager and hit the update button.

its very nice that you can now actually see the screen shots even if the do start up off the screen.

I do like this new approach, the update core apps without having to update the os, hope they start doing it with other core apps. Great way to get around carriers slowing downnthe update process, look forward to the pre3 if it ever does get here
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    I too, kept looking for the update, and couldn't find it. To further frustrate the problem, I had already applied a patch that enabled this feature. I suspected that may be the problem, and was even considering doctoring.

Then I noticed that the way it was working was slightly different than the patch I'd applied. I checked the version, and sure enough, it had updated in the background.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I too, kept looking for the update, and couldn't find it. To further frustrate the problem, I had already applied a patch that enabled this feature. I suspected that may be the problem, and was even considering doctoring.

Then I noticed that the way it was working was slightly different than the patch I'd applied. I checked the version, and sure enough, it had updated in the background.
    Heh, funny how it does that ain't it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12