Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By akshunj
  • 2 Post By Derek Kessler
  • 1 Post By rsanchez1
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    All I can say is wow, I was blown away by this game. I'm not much of a gamer by any stretch, but the graphics and sound look and sound great on the touchpad. This game should be part of the touchpad demo. The only drawback is that $10 was on the expensive side for an app, but the $50 promo took care of that.
    It's really well made. All I need to do is stop sucking so much at it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i_maq and sorli like this.
    You should see NFS Shift on Android for the Acer Iconia...

it looks insane, I wonder if they can port that to webOS because that game would be a fantastic hardware demo
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    It's really well made. All I need to do is stop sucking so much at it.
    It definitely takes a few tries to get the hang of it. Of course the kids picked it up right away lol and unlocked four cars in 20 minutes haha...
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    It definitely takes a few tries to get the hang of it. Of course the kids picked it up right away lol and unlocked four cars in 20 minutes haha...
    Heh. I can't keep myself away from the guardrails. Thankfully I'm not quite so awful in real life.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have NFS Shift on my Acer Iconia, it is good but I played it about 15 min and that's all, I actually use my tablet for work. Things I can't do with a TP right now.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Nice, I couldn't do anything work related on any tablet.
    hmm, I wouldn't mind buying this.. but at $10 -- too expensive for my taste. Half the price and I'm sold.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I thought so too, but since HP gave some of us $50 to spend I went for it...
    My daughter is loving it...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'd buy this but it's not available in UK app catalog.
    Shift 2 just came out on the iPad, but the Ausralian touchpad app store has no paid apps at all
    It is a very nice game, admittedly I dont play it much, too much other stuff to do. But it is fun and pretty and shows real promise for the power of the touchpad. Now if they just released that plane game they've been demoing since Feb 9.....
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  14. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    I'd buy this but it's not available in UK app catalog.
    Same here, it's not available in france too
    I have the same game on my original iPad, which is now replaced by the TouchPad. I was able to run them side by side. After some pixel-peeping I have come to these two conclusions:

1. The loading times are faster on the TouchPad
    2. The graphics are slightly better on the original iPad

Now, there's no excuse why the game would look better on the iPad (textures and draw distance are better). Especially considering the TouchPad has 4 times the amount of RAM. My conclusion is that it was just a quick port without taking advantage of the awesome TouchPad hardware. Which isn't to say it doesn't look good.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    I bought NFS:HP about 2 weeks before the $50 credit was announced. Even paying full price, I am happy with it. The only problem is that it is a power hog. I lose about 25% of my battery per hour while playing.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Not available in the UK.

Stupid stupid stupid... :shakeshead:
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    I have the same game on my original iPad, which is now replaced by the TouchPad. I was able to run them side by side. After some pixel-peeping I have come to these two conclusions:

1. The loading times are faster on the TouchPad
    2. The graphics are slightly better on the original iPad

Now, there's no excuse why the game would look better on the iPad (textures and draw distance are better). Especially considering the TouchPad has 4 times the amount of RAM. My conclusion is that it was just a quick port without taking advantage of the awesome TouchPad hardware. Which isn't to say it doesn't look good.
    I would say this is the case. That demo game they kept pushing before, which has not been released yet (Armageddon Squadron, right?) should do more to show off the TouchPad's hardware capabilities.

Plus, the RAM would be more useful when you factor in webOS multitasking, instead of the iPad's excuse for multitasking.
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    cant aquire in the UK, boo, we only have access to the Pre's NFS Undercover, and im not buying any more apps that are for <touchpad, sick of upscaled apps.
    Anybody have any idea what the goal is level two: Dirty Torque? I've played it several times. Made it to the end with plenty of time, I've tried wrecked cops but it still says I failed the level.