1.    #1  
    Hey Touchpad users,

I have a question for you all:

I do not own a touchpad, but I personally thought that HP flubbed Mojo apps for the Touchpad.

I mean, its quite obvious with a little work, they can be made usable, but most app developers have not updated their mojo apps to work without the tiny little emulation window, which gives a terrible experience in my opinion.

Are there Mojo apps you miss or have most the good Mojo apps been replaced with Enyo apps anyways?

I personally think HP should pay every Mojo app developer $100 if they update their Mojo app to be Touchpad compatible with full screen and back buttons.

Do you think its necessary, or is Mojo dead?
    Truthfully, I'd be happy if HP would actually allow me to submit a modified Mojo app to work for the TP without having to submit an e-mail stating it still works with earlier versions of webOS. Right now, if I submit a modified Mojo app to work with the TP, it wants me to select webOS 3.x as the minimum version. Until HP fixes this, you probably won't see a lot of updates, IMHO.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Wow, that really sucks. I hadn't tried doing it since one of my Mojo apps is not quite Touchpad compatible yet, but wow, what is HP thinking? Do they want to force Mojo on phones dead?
    I'm actually no too bothered by the Mojo window. I'm not using too many Mojo apps, but it is quite fine for things like Pandora, for example. I do have to add that the Enyo apps are really cool design-wise.
    I have an app w/ an ipk that works on -all- devices, but submitted two separate ipks to the catalog. I was a bit upset by this, but what can you do
    I'm hoping that the submission process gets fixed soon. Otherwise, I'll have to have a TouchPad-specific version too. Good thing I don't charge for my apps -- I'm not sure what companies that have paid apps are to do.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I do not own a touchpad, but I personally thought that HP flubbed Mojo apps for the Touchpad.

I mean, its quite obvious with a little work, they can be made usable, but most app developers have not updated their mojo apps to work without the tiny little emulation window, which gives a terrible experience in my opinion.
    [...]
    is Mojo dead?
    Far from all iPhone apps have been updated to make use of iOS 4's "savegame" type of faux-multitasking - a lot of them still return to the first scene when you relaunch the app from the task manager as opposed to returning to the last open scene.

And Mojo is as dead as Palm. Why would anybody want to code new programs for a bunch of smartphones that came out in 2009 and 2010 and never sold all that well? It doesn't make any sense.
    Enyo will be supported on HP phones as well, so coding Enyo apps DOES make sense.

Sure, scrapping Mojo for Enyo may not look like the best decision, but if wiping the slate clean and losing access to ~7000 legacy apps enables us to have more and better apps in the future, it was a good one. Certainly better than staying with a platform they considered inferior (Mojo) because it retains ~7000 apps, which isn't much. In fact, if the devs keep going the way they're going now, we might have that many Enyo apps by Christmas.