Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JCPDX
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    hey guys i have a touchpad 3.02 and downloaded quick install 4.2.3

so it connect good but when i try to install apps it just hangs..say's installing...
    is your touchpad in developer mode?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ya.thats what i find odd..
    And in "just charge" mode?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    well the usb logo appears and with a black background..
    that's your problem.

unplug, the select "just charge".
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ahh cool i will try it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    And in "just charge" mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by techker View Post
    well the usb logo appears and with a black background..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's your problem.
    unplug, then select "just charge".
    Wanted to add to Cantaffordit's comment to select "just charge"... The TouchPad does not have a "just charge" choice to Click on but if you just leave it up without Clicking on USB or Cancel this has always worked for me. You can check this out on Step #4 in this Thread's initial post #1 [Click Here]
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/14/2011 at 12:23 AM.
    ........JC.........

outcast likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    Wanted to add to Cantaffordit's comment to select "just charge"... The TouchPad does not have a "just charge" choice to Click on but if you just leave it up without Clicking on USB or Cancel this has always worked for me. You can check this out on Step #4 in this Thread's initial post #1 [Click Here]
    Hey, I am new in this forum and I have some questions about this thread.
    My actual problem:

TouchPad in developper mode... OK
    WebOS quick install and Novacom driver installed... OK
    and now I plug my TouchPad to the PC, it say 'USB Mode' or 'Cancel'. I don't touch anything... OK
    But my TouchPad is already not reconized... FAIL
    The same after rebooting my PC.

Maybe a solution: when my TouchPad is connected to the PC (not in 'USB Mode'), it do not charge. Is it normal ?
    When a TouchPad is connected to a computer via USB, it will not show that it is charging because the voltage is too low to register. It actually is trickle-charging and will take a very long time to see any battery power increase - but the charging indicator will now actually show. It doesn't mean the computer doesn't see it. Actually if it isn't in USB mode, there won't be any recognition anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    When a TouchPad is connected to a computer via USB, it will not show that it is charging because the voltage is too low to register. It actually is trickle-charging and will take a very long time to see any battery power increase - but the charging indicator will now actually show. It doesn't mean the computer doesn't see it. Actually if it isn't in USB mode, there won't be any recognition anyway.
    When my TouchPad is connected to my PC via USB (not in 'USB Mode'), it does not show the charging indicator (flash on the battery icone).
    (If I understand well your last phrase) In order the TouchPad will be recognized by WebOSQuickInstaller, it must be put in 'USB mode'? Are you sure ?
    It should be in the "just charge", meaning not the USB mode. The "webos quick install" should find it as long as developer mode is on.
    When the TouchPad is connected to USB, not in USB mode and in developer mode ON -> The webos quick install version 4.2.3 don't find it...
    my configuration: webOS 3.0.2, 32Go, model number HSTNH-129C (buy in France).
    Did you reinstall novacom? There's a button within "quick install" to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wlblack1 View Post
    Did you reinstall novacom? There's a button within "quick install" to do that.
    Yes of course. I try to reinstall novacom and to reboot PC.
    Do you think that it could be caused by the software update to 3.0.2 ?
    I will try to return to factory settings.
    Last edited by putos; 08/24/2011 at 02:03 AM.
    I'm not sure what else to try for now. Have you restarted the Touchpad as well?
    Hopefully those with more experience will check in on this topic and offer advice.
    It's good now by using another PC.
    Maybe a driver problem on my IBM ThinkPad, but using a desktop PC it worked without any worries.
    Many thanks for your help !
    Glad to hear you had some success! Enjoy WebOS and check back on this forum, great place for answers and to share some experiences.