Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sainttail
  • 1 Post By sorli
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 2 Post By spud101
  • 1 Post By UncleSpam
  1.    #1  
    Can someone with pull (HP) please call up Cinemaware and have them post their games to the touchpad. I see they ported "Defender of the Crown" to ios.
    barryb20 likes this.
    Oh Ya...me too! Used to play this on Amiga computers and Loved It! Nothing better then hurling Stones, Fire, Plague, a couple of heads (oh sorry different game), but it does bring back fond memories. Sorli...
    dsalonius likes this.
    Haven't heard that name since my old Atari ST :-) that would be a cool game to play again!
    grasshoper likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well, maybe it is possible to somehow get an Amiga emulator running in the homebrew xserver?? Then you can run Defender of the Crown in there.
    sorli and grasshoper like this.
    The idea of an Amiga emulator for the TouchPad sounds good... Something like UAE (TouchPadUAE) would be very nice.
    Palm III --> Palm IIIx --> HandEra 330 --> Palm T|T3 --> HP TouchPad 32G
    sorli likes this.
    I loved Defender of the Crown on my old C-64!
    Just bought it for my iPad yesterday. Its a little dated but still a fun game. Should be a relatively easy convert for the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The complex route would be metadoctoring and installing Ubuntu and running LinUAE, I guess. But I personally would prefer a native UAE, or even better native Cinemaware apps, not just Defender of the Crown, but also things like It Came From The Desert.
    I was more of a Rocket Ranger fan. Loved that game!
    With UAE this could be possible since Cinemaware released all their Amiga games for free. Just adf the disks & mount in UAE.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Don't have my Touchpad here, does this work? Cool!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Yes it works.

What I don't know is if there is any element of the game which checks for a dragged mouse. That may cause a problem.

I can't remember what I'm doing. Its' been 20+ years...
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sainttail View Post
    Can someone with pull (HP) please call up Cinemaware and have them post their games to the touchpad. I see they ported "Defender of the Crown" to ios.
    I had started porting the Amiga version to the Pre, Pixi, and Android:

Cinemaware > Cinemaware Forum New Titles Defender of the Crown iOS What timing!

It didn't look like too big of a challenge, a lot of Defender of the Crown is canned animations and menus. The screens look amazing on the Pre.

I had previously worked on a Gameboy color port of the C64 version years ago:

http://releases.rastersoft.net/

Here's the ipk, if you want to see the progress. It works up until the map screen, I was implementing the menus:

http://www.rastersoft.net/WebOSDOTC.rar

It should install fine with WebOSQuickInstall on a Pre or Pixi.

It does work on the TouchPad, but it's in portrait mode, instead of landscape.
    Last edited by cdoty; 08/26/2011 at 09:37 PM.