Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By barryb20
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

anyone know if there is a mind map app in the works?

Had one for the iPad and Xoom, the Touchpad would be perfect considering HP's play for the corporate arena

B

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    nyquistjack and Tatobest like this.
    Not that I know of, but what a great idea!!

Another vote for a mind map application! something like Cmap or freemind would be awesome!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Me too. I use them all the time. I use xmind, which is Java, so, in theory, it shouldn't be too hard to port (ha ha ha).

Alan
    I contacted xmind. It's a definite maybe.
    You have to pay for Xmind though don't you?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Count me in as another interested person for a mind-mapping software. Its becoming all the rage to use this during meetings where you have to take minutes, as I see people with their iPads do this. It would be even nicer if it can export to word and powerpoint and PDF. Also, it would be great if you can sync to a desktop version.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    If an outliner (that doesn't support a mind-map style display) meets your needs, you can try Outline Tracker (Outline Tracker Features). There's also a free version, limited to 50 items: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=1427
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Nice, but OT isn't a TouchPad app - it's a generic Webos one.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Nice, but OT isn't a TouchPad app - it's a generic Webos one.
    Outline Tracker runs on everything from the TouchPad all the way back to the original Pre (though the App Catalog is currently not allowing devices running webOS 1 to download it).

The App Catalog currently displays the "for TouchPad" banner only for apps that require webOS 3.

On the TouchPad, Outline Tracker uses the full screen height. As columns of text wider than about 52 characters are hard to read, it doesn't use the full width.
    Last edited by DougReeder; 08/16/2011 at 12:02 AM.
    I know this an old thread, but count me as another one who'd love something like Freezing for the TP.
    Up for this!!

A Mind Map for Touchpad can be excellent!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Up for this!!

A Mind Map for Touchpad can be excellent!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Also contacted XMind and mentioned the interest regarding this thread, so they asked about where I heard of XMind for webOS, but no more answer came back

XMind on TP would be great!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Yes, I found that out after I posted the message.

Alan