Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By tucker87
  • 1 Post By mlb14
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am working on a Dungeons and Dragons tool.

Calling it DMScreen and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. The reason I am asking is because I have lost some interest in the development of the application. My idea is a tablet app that gives you access to encounter and monster data and when rotated would handle initiative and die rolling.

Here is a screenshot.

Really needing some encouragement. With the amount of work I still have to do (Import XML so you can pull your monsters from the DDI monster builder. Finish the database system. etc.) I am thinking it would be 2-3 dollars, maybe less if the market isn't as niche as I think it is.

Let me know what you think!
    toaste, graylion, Raddu and 1 others like this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I would be interested if it was more of an online system. Back in the days with text based MORG and sitting at a table playing with friends, telling a good story line to play with.

Building a deck and importing cards, etc is great and I think it would be good to include not just DnD but Yugi, Pokeman and the other trading gaming cards.

Anyways, what would have me interested is if the client is interactive with other users, whether through the web or to another touch pad. This way, stories can still be played in groups and the DM can still control the turns and seats.

Or having the ability for players to write their story and adding into the community so that others could play it. But you probably have all these ideas already in place.

Don't loose hope, just keep at it... even if it's not for monetarily value, but for the learning experience, the fun of it and it would be great to read a post/article about how you designed it, used Enyo, and help others, etc. At the end, you never know what will interest people, what is "hot" again and the type of customers that HP and all of us, will bring to this community.
    I would be very excited to see such D&D, ddi apps for the Touchpad.

I would pay for such and app that works well.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by tucker87 View Post
    I am working on a Dungeons and Dragons tool.

Calling it DMScreen and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. The reason I am asking is because I have lost some interest in the development of the application. My idea is a tablet app that gives you access to encounter and monster data and when rotated would handle initiative and die rolling.

Here is a screenshot.

Really needing some encouragement. With the amount of work I still have to do (Import XML so you can pull your monsters from the DDI monster builder. Finish the database system. etc.) I am thinking it would be 2-3 dollars, maybe less if the market isn't as niche as I think it is.

Let me know what you think!
    graylion
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I was waiting for an IDK for enyo to make a character sheet app for the Dragon Age RPG and then expand it as needed.

Keep it simple at first OP and add features as you find you need them while playing. When it finally has enough features that you think it's salable, then put it up in the app catalog. Keep the app features about making your DnD experience easier and the motivation should flow from there.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks all, I will be keeping it simple. The rotation code is in place and the database is there, but there is so much data handling when catogorizing all the different stats that monsters have and then adding such instances into encounter groups.

On top of all that, I had to learn how to use db8 from the mojo tutorials. Enyo's documentation on databases is just the differences...

I just started to DM a new campaign. Hopefully I will have this ready in time!

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    great to hear someone is working on this type of app, I've always missed one for webOS. Hope to hear good news about this app.

I also run and play in a few different games including Dark Heresy and BESM. Would love to help beta test if you need any help.

good luck man, can't wait to see this app!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker87 View Post
    Thanks all, I will be keeping it simple. The rotation code is in place and the database is there, but there is so much data handling when catogorizing all the different stats that monsters have and then adding such instances into encounter groups.

On top of all that, I had to learn how to use db8 from the mojo tutorials. Enyo's documentation on databases is just the differences...

I just started to DM a new campaign. Hopefully I will have this ready in time!

Thanks again!
    Tucker.. sweet! Will be waiting for you release.
    Yes! I would love this. One of the reasons I got a TP was to use it to DM. I thought sites like Power2ool.com and InCombat4e would work, but they require loading files and click and drag which the TP can't do.

I would gladly pay for it as well.

If it could import Masterplan Encounter files....it was be amazing, but I understand all the other work you have to do...just an idea.
    I'd love to see an app for WebOS and would be happy to help test. I'm playing in a Dark Sun game right now.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I hope this is still being worked on.
    I don't play DnD, but do use the HERO system. I'd actually be inclined to switch to DnD campaigns if I had a tool like this on the tablet.
    I'd love to see one that isn't tied to a specific system / game. To have a flexible app that would allow other game data to be manually entered or imported would be awesome.

Either way though, this would really come in handy for a lot of RPG players out there.
    Long live webOS!
    toaste likes this.
    Just found out that Splashtop Remote Desktop is out! I can now run Masterplan remotely from my PC!

Of course a native app would be the best, but it really seems to work great so far. We'll see how it does during an actual session this week.