Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    I grabbed the free version to do some testing.

I just upgraded to a Linksys E4200(purely awesome!). I plugged a usb mem stick into the router with music and .AVI. The media player sees it automatically and plays the music perfectly. It does not like the .AVI files.

Also, it picks up my networked DirectTV DVR....I can see everything that is recorded, but It will not play any of the files....it doesn't like the format. If it did......it would be fantastically outstanding!

At this point, it's not very useful to me.
    Last edited by boxorox; 10/03/2011 at 02:48 PM.
    I have gotten your free player to attempt playback of any file type via mediatomb transcoding. The problem is all the actual "playable" file types (mp4, m4v, mov) etc. cannot be streamed properly until the container is completely written out. If the file is already in a streamable format even HD files will play. There is still a random audio sync problem but I have found this to be inherent in the player itself.

I believe the real problem is the limited container support that we currently have. Given that, is there anything that can be done on your end or am I missing something that might resolve the issue?
    This would be a much better app than Kalemsoft, if only it were to support more audio/video codecs.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This would be a much better app than Kalemsoft, if only it were to support more audio/video codecs.
    I agree. The lack of a UPnP player that plays a greater variety of codecs is the thing that keeps driving me back to Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

Well....it's possible, but the user interface is FUGLY compared to Kalemsoft. Functionality would probably convince.......where as the price would convince you.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    Well....it's possible, but the user interface is FUGLY compared to Kalemsoft. Functionality would probably convince.......where as the price would convince you.
    Actually, this might not be so in the case of video, but for audio, Kalemsoft totally sucks and this without taking into account the price.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I bought UPnP AV player to be able to browse my photo and music collection on my FreeNAS server running Fuppes. Works pretty well for my application.

-It was able display the thumbnail of the images in each folder when browsing image files. (I could not get BHome to display thumbnail of the images)

Issues:
    -The notes for Version 1.1.0, says bluetooth headsets not playing audio is fixed, but I could not get it to transmit music to my Creative D80 Bluetooth speakers (Works with BHome and Standard Touchpad WebOS music player).

Suggested improvements:
    -Ability to create and save playlist and/or slide shows.
    -Ability to collapse/expand or scroll bar on folders view to better navigate directory structure (When photos store in directories by date or music by artist it takes a lot of swiping to navigated to particular folder).
    -Ability to display Mp3 tag cover image. (This may be a limitation of Fuppes and not UPnP AV player). If the Album image file is saved to the album directory it is displayed however.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrophy View Post
    I bought UPnP AV player to be able to browse my photo and music collection on my FreeNAS server running Fuppes. Works pretty well for my application.

-It was able display the thumbnail of the images in each folder when browsing image files. (I could not get BHome to display thumbnail of the images)

Issues:
    -The notes for Version 1.1.0, says bluetooth headsets not playing audio is fixed, but I could not get it to transmit music to my Creative D80 Bluetooth speakers (Works with BHome and Standard Touchpad WebOS music player).

Suggested improvements:
    -Ability to create and save playlist and/or slide shows.
    -Ability to collapse/expand or scroll bar on folders view to better navigate directory structure (When photos store in directories by date or music by artist it takes a lot of swiping to navigated to particular folder).
    -Ability to display Mp3 tag cover image. (This may be a limitation of Fuppes and not UPnP AV player). If the Album image file is saved to the album directory it is displayed however.
    It has not been updated since the last webOS update which broke some functionality. IMHO buying UPnP AV player is a waste of money unless it fits your needs as it is and you do not plan on updating webOS. Bhome is a better bet.
    It has not been updated since the last webOS update which broke some functionality. IMHO buying UPnP AV player is a waste of money unless it fits your needs as it is and you do not plan on updating webOS. Bhome is a better bet.
    I noticed it has not been updated in awhile upon trying to diagnosis the Bluetooth not working. I tried both the free version of UPnP AV player and BHome, but preferred and purchase the former due to the music player and ability to display thumbnail images.

If the UPnP AV player is no longer developed I will take another look at BHome. I have yet to figure out how to queue more then on music file to play or how display image thumbnail image while browsing folder contents. If BHome supports these two things I'll gladly purchase it.

Thanks
    I was incorrect concerning UPnP AV not working with my Bluetooth speakers. I retried this evening and it works fine.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123