Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    Doesn't like my Seagate Freeagent Dockstar or Pogoplug Pro UPnP servers. All other devices on my network (Windows 7, PS3, WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player) see them and work find with them.

    This is running the 1.0.2 version UPnP AV free
    Last edited by protoclown2k; 08/31/2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: update
  2. MincerRay's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #22  
    uPnP AV can't find my Seagate GoFlex satellite, either. Bhome does, though. So much for uPnP being a simple, easy to use, standard!
  3. #23  
    The author was very responsive to my support ticket. Initially. it wouldn't properly work with my upnp server (Playback running on a Mac) but a week later and now it does, thanks to today's update! So, now I'm able to properly test the app.

    It seems to be working well. Although right now I've noticed that if I leave the screen showing the media player, the song playing will "skip" or stutter. If I'm just browsing through the folder listings, it doesn't do this.
  4. ozmo1911's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #24  
    I was very impressed with this app.

    I've only used the latest version, but it works with Playback on my Mac, and with a router-attached external drive on a Cisco E4300
  5. #25  
    Works very nicely with Asset now, and I've bought it.

    It would be handy down the track if a "play to" feature could be added - not a trivial task I realise. In the Android world for instance, the UPnP players there tend to offer playback to the device itself, or to any UPnP renderer on the network, or to Airplay devices (in the case of the Twonky android app, that includes my Boxee Box).
  6. wbarter's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #26  
    I am a upnp noob...recently got a linksys e4200 and set up the media server upnp....yet this app is unable to discover the server....any ideas on what to check? The ftp server works like a champ via the router....as does the network share....but nadda on the hobo

    what should I check?

    -wayne
  7. wbarter's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #27  
    what's the trick to get this working on my e4200?
  8. #28  
    I've been using this app for a couple of days and like it, except for one thing. It sorts all my songs alphabetically. I have 60 GB of music all tagged and in music/artis/album order. Every other app I use to play music (and mp3 devices) sort by track number, but not UPNP AV Media player.

    Is there anything I can do to correct this? Is the problem the app on the Touchpad, or the UPNP server I am using to serve the music (TVersity).
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jangelj View Post
    I've been using this app for a couple of days and like it, except for one thing. It sorts all my songs alphabetically. I have 60 GB of music all tagged and in music/artis/album order. Every other app I use to play music (and mp3 devices) sort by track number, but not UPNP AV Media player.

    Is there anything I can do to correct this? Is the problem the app on the Touchpad, or the UPNP server I am using to serve the music (TVersity).

    Hi jangelj,

    I'll look at ordering by track number in a future release.

    Thanks
    Richard
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    The author was very responsive to my support ticket. Initially. it wouldn't properly work with my upnp server (Playback running on a Mac) but a week later and now it does, thanks to today's update! So, now I'm able to properly test the app.

    It seems to be working well. Although right now I've noticed that if I leave the screen showing the media player, the song playing will "skip" or stutter. If I'm just browsing through the folder listings, it doesn't do this.
    I've just released a new version 1.1.0 that sort various issues, including stuttering of music.

    Heres the release notes.

    Whats New in 1.1.0
    ==============
    - Major Speed Improvements allround
    - App can now be rotated whilst viewing Pictures
    - New Button to add all files in Media Folder to Music Player (for users with upnp servers without the search capability)
    - Folders now show album art
    - Now able to play transcoded movies from servers that transcode to compatible formats.

    Fixes in 1.1.0
    =========
    - Multilingual Characters in filenames are now supported
    - Fixed Audio Stuttering when playing Audio and Videos
    - Fixed Bluetooth headsets not playing audio
    - Improved memory management when closing video player
    - Fixed Situation where more than one audio file ended up playing
  11. P_Yiddy's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #31  
    Thanks for the update. The app seems to be a lot more responsive now.

    Still can't get transcoding to work though. I turn it on on my Twonkey Media server on my NAS drive but I still get the unsupported file format error in the app.

    Still a great app though :-)
  12. #32  
    I would instantly buy your app if it could shuffle pictures for a slideshow and if it would work in exhibition mode.
    Is there a way to implement these features?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Thanks for the update. The app seems to be a lot more responsive now.

    Still can't get transcoding to work though. I turn it on on my Twonkey Media server on my NAS drive but I still get the unsupported file format error in the app.

    Still a great app though :-)

    I'll take a look at that.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixchanger View Post
    I would instantly buy your app if it could shuffle pictures for a slideshow and if it would work in exhibition mode.
    Is there a way to implement these features?
    Yes I believe exhibition mode is definitely possible. I did add that originally, but found that if you opened the app in exhibition mode, when you left exhibition mode the it closed the app and you were unable to open another instance of the app. But what I really want it to do is, if your watching a movie and you either place it on or off ot the touchstone then it just carrys on doing what it was doing , ie, watching the movie or listening to your songs or viewing pictures. Currently, it would open another instance of the app, so to get it to work as expected there is a fair bit of work to get it to remember everything between app instances, do-able but something for the future I think. I'll have more of a think on it.
  15. #35  
    Thx for your answer. And what's about shuffle pictures for a slideshow instead of show it in alphabetical/numerical order?
  16. #36  
    Yes, I'll add a preferences screen with that as an option.
  17.    #37  
    Any plans to increase the amount of video formats supported?
  18. km7
    km7 is offline
    km7's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarter View Post
    what's the trick to get this working on my e4200?
    Just installed the latest firmare 1.0.3 which fixed E4200 media server.

    The AV Player can see the media server on E4200 - nice and quick,
    problem is it CAN NOT play .flac .av or .mkv files.
  19. tonymus's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #39  
    I downloaded the free version to play with, and was STUNNED to see it found my DirecTV DVRs (HR-20). Unfortunately, it cannot play the files it found. If there is a workaround, I'd gladly buy the full version...
  20. nToxik's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #40  
    I just download the free app and movies seem to stream okay from my Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ however when I try to view pictures from my NAS, every picture comes out blurry.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions