Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Honestly I'd just like some games:

POKER - TEXAS HOLD EM!!!
    More unique puzzle games like Quell HD
    Starcraft 2 - jk
    Quote Originally Posted by MordechaiNisa View Post
    App to allow use of mobile/IPad versions of google sites like gmail/docs/etc...
    gmail is in your onboard email client and google docs can be accessed through quickoffice, what else do you need?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I searched the thread and didn't see anything listed for this so far. I'd love to see Opera or Opera Mini on the TouchPad. I use it on my iPhone and love the browser. It's super fast and the start page is great. I wonder if it's possible to port it over.
    Music creation apps would be very nice. In the HP apps store these kind of softwares are almost inexistant.

There's alot of nice apps on the IPAD and I think the Touchpad deserve the same treatment.
    Our Touchpad could become a powerful tool for music creation and I'm pretty sure there's alot of musician, proud owners of a Touchpad like me who cant wait to see that happen.

Here some exemples of apps that we can find on the Ipad. Maybe some of these could be port to the Touchpad, if not well... Look at these apps as a source of inspiration.

25 Tempting Music Apps for the iPad

iPad Apps for Music Making: What’s Coming, The Bigger Picture
    For me the tp would be the perfect device if it just had a RDP app and a better browser with some actual features from this decade..
    As already said filezilla, that would be nice. Also an NZB handler so I can download off usenet in bed. That would be lovely. Thanks for asking.
    i really need pandora or vlc for the hp touchpad
    The option for a different keyboard with more intelligent dictionary and autocorrect. Something like SwiftKey would be awesome.

The ability to change the user-agent of the browser in order to access tablet optimised website.

Tweetdeck would be sweet too, although spazHD is quite similar.

A Google+ app would be sweet, the Facebook app is pretty slick - maybe a synergy based social network aggregator?

More Synergy options for Chat, e.g MSN

A decent news app like Pulse.

Dropbox/UbuntuOne sync apps.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Logitech Harmony remote app. The Android app works well with my Revue. Now I just need a WebOS app.
    Quote Originally Posted by soh20 View Post
    i really need pandora or vlc for the hp touchpad
    Pandora's available in the Pre (small phone window) format. Since I run it in the background while doing other things, it hasn't bothered me since I'm not looking at it anyway. You can rate songs from the drop-down menu along the top bar (like where your wifi connection and mail notifications shown up) without going back to the Pandora card. You can get the artist and song info as well.

I haven't played with Pandora for a long while on a "real" computer so I'm sincerely curious since you're not the first person to mention it -- what is Pandora missing in the small format that you'd get from a genuine Touchpad version?
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    id like a nice youtube app like honeycomb has. The app pre-installed on the TP just opens to a tp optimized browser site. i dont like that lol
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Pandora's available in the Pre (small phone window) format. Since I run it in the background while doing other things, it hasn't bothered me since I'm not looking at it anyway. You can rate songs from the drop-down menu along the top bar (like where your wifi connection and mail notifications shown up) without going back to the Pandora card. You can get the artist and song info as well.

I haven't played with Pandora for a long while on a "real" computer so I'm sincerely curious since you're not the first person to mention it -- what is Pandora missing in the small format that you'd get from a genuine Touchpad version?
    same here. the pandora app doesnt bother me at all since i never see it. and use the drop down.
    GBA (game boy advanced) player. Got all my Roms saved on my harddrive but cant play them.
    In both if these "what apps do you want" threads, I have been happy to gain a little insight from those who are better informed as to what apps they see ACTUALLY being developed and released via the App Catalog, but it would help if I could read little bit more of that before I start getting my hopes up.

For instance, I think with all of the tech-savvy open-system advocates on webOS, we will have the ability to use a Bluetooth controller (ps3/wii/whatever) with Snes and future emulators.

And I am sure that there will be lots of apps and patches that will make the TP do "CPU stuff" better (ie streaming, browsing, productivity, etc).

My concern is that some of the "merely cool" apps that take some time and money to create won't happen on an imperiled OS. (For instance, to me, a touchstone app that will show scheduling pop-ups and has an alarm and that gives a few dynamic exhibition options -- an aquarium, a desk fan, a window with fluttering curtains, a hamster cage for kids maybe -- would make me want to send $5-10 to display my proud TP ownership to the world).

Am I off-base here?
    tpsaras likes this.
    Would love to see the Square app for cc processing on the touchpad.
    1. Picasa
    2. Autocad (available on iOS and Android)
    3. Movie Maker or iMovie copy
    4. Native Pandora for Touchpad
    5. Spotify!
    I think the Touchpad desperately needs a solid PDF annotation app. There is a wide need for it among students, researchers, and other professionals who have to read many PDF files. It is something that the Tablet form factor is well suited for. I'm a little puzzled that HP didn't ship the TP with such an app.
    allowingtoo likes this.
    1. Comixology Comic Reader App
    2. Nook Reader App
    3. PogoPlug App (Personal Cloud)
    4. KeePass App (Password Manager)
    5. SlingPlayer
    I'd love a WOL (Wake On LAN) application.
    I'd like a clock app I could use standard fonts with and I could also put in photos in the numbers places. I'd like to be able to customize the colors with a drop down menu. And full screen for the TP.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast