Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By starsoccer9
  • 1 Post By elopez
  • 1 Post By Hobbz
  1.    #1  
    I remembered how prefox was made for the pre and tried it on my touchpad. It works perfect besides for 1 thing.there is no keyboard support. Basically all the textbooks in prefox don't popup the keyboard. Could someone fix this. The only fix around this would be a Bluetooth keyboard. Untested though

could someone figure out another work around or could someone make a patch that pops up to keyboard on a gesture or something
    khe05 likes this.
    Oh wow, I would love this. I think the quick and easy way is to make a patch that launches the keyboard with a gesture, like you said. Hopefully the text boxes will still accept input from a keyboard that was launched outside the app.

Alternately, does Prefox have support for extensions? Might be possible to launch keyboard using javascript extensions (enyo.keyboard.show), maybe not.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    subscribed
    Sounds interesting and yes I'm also interested. Sorry, can't help much besides testing, but would be fantastic if it worked! Sorli...
    Check out this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-2-issues.html

There is a bunch more that needs to be done besides the VKB issue.
    Thread merge so I don't have to subscribe to both?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Firefox would be awesome. I don't like Chrome very much or IE.
    Either of those browser would be a major improvement over the native browser (except IE, which would need to be IE9 and couldn't be ported anyway).
    Is anyone working on this?
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Just imagine having a full fledge Firefox as the Touchpad browser. That would knock everything out of the park. The stock browser is very "basic". Man I wish I could program ;-) The Code for Firefox is open... there is only a matter of porting it to WebOS.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i'd pay ~$10.00 bucks for either a firefox/opera browser. stock browser is the weak link of the tp imo.
    khe05 likes this.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de_great View Post
    Is anyone working on this?
    brennan7 pointed out there's another discussion about this topic. It's been going on longer than this thread. Here's the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-issues-2.html
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.