Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    When I try to add Box.net as an account on my TP, I get the message "The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Please try again."

    I can use the same email address and password successfully with the Box.net app and website but not in the Accounts app. I have tried deleting the Box.net app and re-installing it but I still can't add it to accounts.

    I would like to access it from Quick Office just as I can Dropbox and Google Docs.

    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #2  
    I had a similar issue. It was for photo bucketit though. If I remember, I reset my PS3 and setup a new one.
    I guess you could try resetting the TP before you try that.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  3.    #3  
    I kind of followed your advice. I changed my password. I had 2 special characters (% and !) which the accounts app didn't like. To be sure I tried a password with one special character (#) and it still didn't work.

    I created yet another password with no special characters and it worked. It still weird that the regular Box.net app and website didn't have a problem with the special characters.
  4. TheLemurian's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #4  
    I get the same thing but with my Yahoo! account.

    I've tried reformating the Touchpad, talking to the Butler Service and still nothing works. I know my email details are correct because I can create an account on the Touchpad using the generic email account, however this prevents me from using the Messenger App as I need the Yahoo! account to do that...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I kind of followed your advice. I changed my password. I had 2 special characters (% and !) which the accounts app didn't like. To be sure I tried a password with one special character (#) and it still didn't work.
    Hah! I had this problem... and this was the quote that allowed me to figure it out.

    I had special characters in my password too ('cos it's good security, don't you know). Didn't work, got an error message. However... when entering the password into the TouchPad, I replaced all the special characters with the "URL-encoded" equivalents, and it worked.

    For example, replace % with %25

    Replace ! with %21

    Replace # with %23

    And other substitutions as listed at Percent-encoding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Edit: Oh, it still doesn't work. The Accounts app accepts the password, but actually trying to use QuickOffice, Adobe Reader, etc. still fail.

Posting Permissions